Bridge the gap between DisplayPort and HDMI with this handy 3 metre cable! This cable converts FROM a DisplayPort source device TO a HDMI display.
**PLEASE NOTE: This cable is not bi-directional, and does not convert HDMI to DisplayPort. If you require a HDMI to DisplayPort option, please see our Active HDMI to DisplayPort option HERE**
Connect your DisplayPort equipped laptop to practically any monitor or television!
This DisplayPort to HDMI Cable (male to male) is fully featured with all the bells and whistles, so the only limitation to what you get out of your system is the system itself! By that I mean that this cable is fully combatible for 7.1 HD audio and HD 1080p video simultaneously. HDCP 1.2 and DPCP are accounted for, so you needn't worry about displaying protected content. It's the no-fuss solution for using HDMI screens with DisplayPort equipped devices!
Please note this passive cable requires compatible DisplayPort/HDMI equipment, so be sure to check for the D++ symbol on your source device and read the manual to check you're getting sound output if you're expecting a complete HDMI conversion. **This cable is not bi-directional, and does not convert HDMI to DisplayPort**
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- Uni-directional, the DisplayPort must be the source device, not the display device!
- Highest specification Ultra HD 4K capable 3m DisplayPort to HDMI Cable
- Perfect for converting a Display Port device for use with a HDMI equipped monitor or TV
- Nickle silver plated connectors for optimal signal transfer
- Supports HDMI signals such as 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i & 1080p
- 7.1 HD audio formats such True HD and DTS HD are fully supported
- 17.28 Gbps data transfer rate (HBR2)
- Full support for HDCP ver. 1.2 and DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- DisplayPort device with the ability to output HDMI is required
- Colour: Black cable
DisplayPort Compatibility Note
DisplayPort (DP) cables adapters are not bi-directional, and require a DP output which is DP++ (Dual Mode) compatible. When a DisplayPort to HDMI cable is connected to a DP++ (Dual-Mode) output, the output device senses the presence of the adapter/cable and sends HDMI signals over the DisplayPort connector rather than DisplayPort signals. No signal conversion is performed by the cable. HDMI signals are merely passed through.
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 21st Oct, 2014
Does this product have a HDMI ID ROM chip built in?
So when a laptop is connected via this cable to a TV, the displayport audio device will be enabled on the laptop.
"Depending on your laptop configuration and specifications, Digital Audio may need to be manually selected as the audio output device. Our DisplayPort cables definitely support audio, but the connected hardware has to support it as well."
Posted: 4th Jan, 2016
Does this support 4K?
"Absolutely. We've tested this cable at 4K 30Hz without any issues whatsoever, and expect the 3m length to also handle 4K at 60Hz in favourable conditions."
Have a question about this product?