You're looking at Australia's most advanced 8K DisplayPort Cable! Go beyond the limitations of traditional DisplayPort cabling with a hybrid fibre solution.
Avencore Carbon Series DisplayPort Active Optical Cables offer true HBR3 throughput at lengths beyond the ability of traditional copper DisplayPort cables. With stunning, future-proof 8K@60Hz and 4K@120Hz support, you'll be gaming at the best possible resolutions throughout the next generation of games and gaming hardware - without any limitations on the lengths of your DisplayPort cables!
Supporting all DisplayPort v1.4 features including MST, DSC, 3D, HDR and CEC as well as DP++, DPCP, HDCP, and up to 16-bit colour depth, the Avencore Carbon Series DisplayPort AOC solution is the perfect partner for all levels of display from at-home gaming through to professional graphic design and presentation A/V.
The rapid surge to 4K standardisation for both home theatre and computer systems has left muddy waters when it comes to cable lengths, with uncertain limits on where Ultra HD resolutions can fail. But with Avencore's Active Optical Cables, you can eliminate uncertainty and enjoy much greater freedom when installing displays.
By using a set of OM3 fibre optic cores, these exceptional cables are impervious to electromagnetic interference and retain maximum bandwidth over all lengths - even up to 32.4 Gbps on 8K duties. Unlike other optical cables, the Carbon Series needs no external power of any kind and can work with all DisplayPort based systems without any special requirements.
With full DisplayPort v1.4 hardware compatibility, you'll retain the features critical to any task over any length. High Resolution HDR imagery, Stereoscopic 3D playback, and High Refresh Rate gaming are no problem for the Carbon series DisplayPort AOC range.
Installation is a breeze, too, with a 4.8mm cable diameter (25mm bend radius) and metal alloy plugs measuring 20x12x42mm, these cables are equally at home in tight spaces as they are in VR head-mounted displays. And with an extended 14mm DisplayPort plug and NO locking tabs, there's nowhere they can't go.
The Avencore Carbon Series DisplayPort Active Optical cable range is the ultimate in DP cable technology for the 4K era and beyond. If you've ever had to compromise on equipment placement due to limited cable lengths, the Avencore Carbon Series is the key to ultimate freedom without sacrificing picture quality.
Carbon Series 15m HDMI over Fibre Optical Cable Specifications
- Avencore 5 Year Replacement Warranty
- Latest DisplayPort v1.4 Compatibility!
- Fibre Optical Cores - no EMF or RFI
- Supports High-Speed 32.4 Gbps Bandwidth
- 5.4 Gbps x 4 Channels (R/G/B) + clock
- Supports MST, DSC, HDR, 3D, DP++ and more
- Supports DPCP & HDCP2.2 (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection)
- Suits high-bandwidth resolutions including 8K@60Hz & 4K@120Hz
- No External Power needed! Plug and Play!
- 500mW (max) power consumption / 3.6V max input
- Directional Cable - Plugs are marked Source / Display
- Colour: Black Cable with Silver Connectors
Best used for
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Home, Office & Light Commercial Installations
- 2D content up to 8K@60Hz on compatible DPv1.4 hardware
- 2D content up to 4K@120Hz on compatible DPv1.3 hardware
- Youtube, Netflix & Blu-ray Ultra HD content
- High-interference environments
- Anywhere that copper cables are too short!
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
(12th July, 2011)
Product Review by Stephen,
I recently bought a second subwoofer for my entertainment system and wanted to place it on the other side of the room. So I needed a new coax cable long enough to reach the location. In fact, I thought I might experiment and move the subwoofers around, so I decided I should buy two cables. After a lot of research on the Net, I settled on these lower-priced cables from Cable Chick. They were the Premium 10m Gold Plated Digital Coaxial/Subwoofer cables. But while I say they are lower-priced, they are also very good value and not low-quality cables. It is hard to find acceptable quality 10 metre cables, unless one wants to pay much more and have them specially made. Most of what I saw either in stores or on the Net were less than 10m, but also a lot more expensive. I had already ruled out paying for ultra-expensive cables in stores or on-line, because when I came across this product, I thought it would do the job for a fraction of the cost. Sure, I don't get the same level of shielding, but it is not required. Besides, these cables are still both well shielded and well manufactured. The nice terminals add to the quality.
Cable Chick's service was excellent, including fast postage and good communication. A great on-line shopping experience, which is just what customers want. Thank you Cable Chick!