Bridge the gap between DisplayPort and HDMI with this handy 1m cable!
Connect your laptop to practically any big screen TV, or other HDMI display.
This DisplayPort to HDMI Cable (male to male) is fully featured with all the bells and whistles, so the only limition to what you get get out of your system is the system itself! By that, I mean that this cable is fully audio combatible for 7.1 HD audio and HD 1080p video simultaneously, but not all DisplayPort enabled equipment sends those signals through the DisplayPort socket. HDCP 1.2 and DPCP are accounted for, so you needn't worry about displaying protected content. It's the no-fuss solution for using HDMI screens on DisplayPort outputs!
Please note this passive cable requires compatible DisplayPort/HDMI equipment, so be sure to check for the D++ symbol on your source device and read the manual to check you're getting sound output if you're expecting a complete HDMI conversion. This cable is not bi-directional, and does not convert HDMI to DisplayPort.
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- Uni-directional, the DisplayPort must be the source device, not the display device!
- Highest specification Ultra HD 4K capable 1m DisplayPort to HDMI Cable
- Perfect for converting a Display Port Device for use with a HDMI HD TV Screen
- Nickle Silver Plated Connectors for optimal signal transfer
- Supports HDMI signals such as 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i & 1080p
- 7.1 HD audio formats such True HD and DTS HD are fully supported
- 17.28 Gbps Data tranfer rate (HBR2)
- Full Support for HDCP ver. 1.2 and DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- DisplayPort device with the ability to output HDMI is required
- Colour: Black with Silver Connectors
DisplayPort Compatibility Note
DisplayPort (DP) cables adapters are not bi-directional, and require a DP output which is DP++ (Dual Mode) compatible. When a DisplayPort to HDMI cable is connected to a DP++ (Dual-Mode) output, the output device senses the presence of the adaptor/cable and sends HDMI signals over the DisplayPort connector rather than DisplayPort signals. No signal conversion is performed by the cable. HDMI signals are merely passed through.
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Written on 25th Nov, 2020 by Cable Chick
Make the most of 4K content with our handy connectivity guide! It covers cables, switchers, splitters and all the major 4K content sources available today. [Read More
Written on 20th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Learn about USB Type-C Alt Modes like Thunderbolt 3 and DisplayPort, and what products you can find this feature on! [Read More
Written on 6th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Discover the easiest way to connect your laptop to one or more additional screens with our handy visual guide. [Read More
Blog Category: How To Guides Tags: VGA, How To Guides, AV Signal Converters, Multi-Displays, Adapters, Video Conversion, Tech Guides, Buying Guide, Display Devices, USB Devices, USB Type-C, Thunderbolt
Written on 16th Oct, 2019 by Cable Chick
Incorrectly made DisplayPort cables can cause boot issues on PCs. Find out why this was ever a problem and how correctly manufactured cables aren't affected. [Read More
Written on 16th Feb, 2017 by Cable Chick
HDMI 2.0a content used to have a problem with long HDMI cables. Not any longer! Avencore has broken the bandwidth barrier to deliver 4K60 & HDR content up to 100 metres. [Read More
Written on 3rd August, 2015 by Cable Chick
Find out what Digital Audio does in your home theatre, and discover what marketing jargon actually matters! [Read More