Bridge the gap between DisplayPort and HDMI with this handy 1m cable!
Connects FROM a Mini-DisplayPort or Thunderbolt 2 video output device TO a screen or projector with a HDMI input.
Does your notebook, laptop, MacBook/iMac, tablet or PC come with a Mini-DisplayPort or Thunderbolt 2 socket? Connecting these devices to your HDMI-equipped big-screen TV or computer monitor couldn't be easier with our amazing range of Mini-DP to HDMI cables. This 1 metre cable offers a direct digital connection between Mini-Displayport and Thunderbolt 2 video outputs for connection to your existing HDMI displays.
This passive cable relies on Dual-Mode D++ DisplayPort output, so please check your hardware manual for information on compatibility. This cable also supports audio and full HD video up to 1920x1080, provided your source device also provides for them.
This plug-and-play cable requires no additional power to run, and is great for use as a spare cable for travel, or a replacement for your genuine original.
Please note this passive cable requires compatible DisplayPort/HDMI equipment, so be sure to check for the D++ symbol on your source device and read the manual to check you're getting sound output if you're expecting a complete HDMI conversion. This cable is not bi-directional, and DOES NOT convert HDMI to DisplayPort.
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- Uni-directional, the DisplayPort must be the source device, not the display device!
- 1m Male Mini-DisplayPort connector (v1.1a) to Male HDMI Type A v1.3 connector
- Perfect for converting a Mini DisplayPort device for use with a HDMI equipped display
- Fully Compatible with Apple Thunderbolt 2 sockets for AV transmission (data transfer requires an Apple Thunderbolt cable)
- Compatible with all Mini-DisplayPort DP++ equipped devices, including Macbook Pro & Microsoft Surface Pro 2
- Gold plated connectors for optimal signal transfer
- Supports HDMI signals such as 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p,
- 7.1 HD audio formats such True HD and DTS HD are fully supported
- Mini DP plug: 10mm wide x 8mm high x 27mm long (cable end to connector tip)
- HDMI plug: 20mm wide x 10mm high x 54mm long (cable end to connector tip)
- 10.8 Gbps data transfer rate
- Full support for HDCP ver. 1.2 and DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- D++ Mini-DisplayPort device with the ability to output HDMI is required
- Colour: White with gold connectors
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Written on 25th Nov, 2020 by Cable Chick
Make the most of 4K content with our handy connectivity guide! It covers cables, switchers, splitters and all the major 4K content sources available today. [Read More
Written on 6th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Discover the easiest way to connect your laptop to one or more additional screens with our handy visual guide. [Read More
Blog Category: How To Guides Tags: VGA, How To Guides, AV Signal Converters, Multi-Displays, Adapters, Video Conversion, Tech Guides, Buying Guide, Display Devices, USB Devices, USB Type-C, Thunderbolt
Written on 17th July, 2019 by Cable Chick
Thunderbolt® is an impressive technology, but it can be hard to fully understand. Read our blog on Thunderbolt, Mini-DisplayPort, and USB-C to learn how they all work. [Read More
Written on 29th March, 2016 by Cable Chick
What is USB Type-C? How does it fit in with existing versions of USB? USB Type-C and USB 3.1 Gen 2 are explained simply in our in-depth article on the latest reversible connector! [Read More
Posted: 20th April, 2015
Will this work with Apple iPhone 5??
"No. iOS devices like the iPhone have a Lightning connector, which is different from Thunderbolt. This cable is only suitable for Mac products which feature Mini-Displayport (Thunderbolt) sockets."
Posted: 8th May, 2018
Hi! May I know the width of the cases of both ends? Thank you so much!?
"The widest point of the HDMI connector is roughly 23mm while the widest point of the Mini DisplayPort connector is roughly 12mm."
Have a question about this product?