5 metre Display Port Cable - it goes the distance!
You've found this page because you have the need, nay, the desire to hook up a DisplayPort source (I'm guessing your Apple notebook or gaming PC?) to a DisplayPort monitor that just happens to be 5m away(I'm guessing you're on the couch?). Either that, or you've been randomly clicking through my website looking for uǝppıɥ sǝbɐssǝɯ. Whatever the case, the 5m DisplayPort problem needs a solution, and I just happen to have one right here, which is good since this is a page on a web store entitled '5m Premium DisplayPort Cable'!
What our 5m DP cable can do for you is provide the best possible Ultra HD 4K content at a blistering 60Hz refresh rate. All you need is some DisplayPort-ready hardware and a 4K display to make it happen! 7.1 audio and DPCP compatibility are also in the bag, plus the obligatory 1080p and 3D content support. Additionally, you get top build quality and great shielding on the passive link cable. 5m is quite a ways for DisplayPort, but we've proven these guys can handle just about anything.
VESA Certified to HBR2 standards, this cable is capable of all current DisplayPort features including 3D, HD, Multi-Channel Audio and more. Fully tested in-house on a Samsung U28D590 4K monitor at 60Hz from a Windows 8 Desktop PC. 4K note: DisplayPort recommends using cables under 3 metres for 4K applications, but we know for sure these work at 5 metres! 144Hz support confirmed on an Acer Predator XB270HU at 2560x1440 under Windows 10, but we observed occasional sporadic flickering, so customers are advised to go for 3m cables if possible.
Why shop with Cable Chick
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- 5m Male DisplayPort to Male DisplayPort cable
- Fully Bi-Directional
- Nickle Silver Plated Connectors for optimal signal transfer
- Supports most signals such as 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1440p up to UltraHD 4K@60Hz!
- 7.1 HD audio formats such True HD and DTS HD are fully supported
- Up to 21.6 Gbps Bandwidth
- Full Support for HDCP ver. 1.2 and DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- Colour: Black with Silver Connectors
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Written on 20th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Learn about USB Type-C Alt Modes like Thunderbolt 3 and DisplayPort, and what products you can find this feature on! [Read More
Written on 6th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Discover the easiest way to connect your laptop to one or more additional screens with our handy visual guide. [Read More
Blog Category: How To Guides Tags: VGA, How To Guides, AV Signal Converters, Multi-Displays, Adapters, Video Conversion, Tech Guides, Buying Guide, Display Devices, USB Devices, USB Type-C, Thunderbolt
Written on 16th Oct, 2019 by Cable Chick
Incorrectly made DisplayPort cables can cause boot issues on PCs. Find out why this was ever a problem and how correctly manufactured cables aren't affected. [Read More
Written on 26th Sept, 2019 by Cable Chick
Does your PC monitor have both DisplayPort and HDMI sockets and you're having trouble choosing which one to use? The answer may surprise you. [Read More
Written on 17th July, 2019 by Cable Chick
Thunderbolt® is an impressive technology, but it can be hard to fully understand. Read our blog on Thunderbolt, Mini-DisplayPort, and USB-C to learn how they all work. [Read More
Written on 16th Feb, 2017 by Cable Chick
HDMI 2.0a content used to have a problem with long HDMI cables. Not any longer! Avencore has broken the bandwidth barrier to deliver 4K60 & HDR content up to 100 metres. [Read More