Easily adapter your DisplayPort socket to connect to HDMI TV's and Monitors - Just add a HDMI cable of your preferred length!
Adapters your Displayport socket to a HDMI (Female) connection. Great for getting your DisplayPort equipped computer onto your big screen TV.
So what are the specs? Well as the DisplayPort standard can outperform HDMI, this adapter is capable of standard HDMI v1.3 features including Full HD. The adapter cable supports DPCP as well as HDCP and supports all HDMI resolutions up to and including 1920x1200 @ 60Hz. Technically, it can also do audio, but you will need to check your product specs to make sure your source device actually outputs audio over DisplayPort, or you'll only get video. It's a hard world, right? But the blow is softened thanks to a 15cm lead which will save stress on your sensitive equipment when you connect up a male-to-male HDMI cable.
Other than that, it's a straight shot! If your DisplayPort source has support for HDMI compatible video output, it's as simple as plug-and-play. Check your manuals or look for the D++ symbol to know if your source is ready for the conversion. This cable is not bi-directional, and does not convert HDMI to DisplayPort (for that magic trick, you'll need an Active HDMI to DisplayPort Converter Cable to convert the signal).
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- 15cm (approx) DisplayPort (Male) Connector to HDMI connector (Female)
- Designed for connecting a DisplayPort Device for use with a HDMI TV or display
- Supports Digital Audio & Video signals (where the DisplayPort source devices can output audio)
- Compatible with all DisplayPort DP++ equiped devices
- Nickle Silver Plated Connectors for optimal signal quality
- Supports HDMI signals such as 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p & 1200p
- 10.8 Gbps Data tranfer rate (HBR1)
- Full Support for HDCP and DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- Colour: Black
- Different devices and product models may feature different connectors. Please check your device has a DisplayPort Output before ordering this product
DisplayPort Compatibility Note
DisplayPort (DP) adapters are not bi-directional, and require a DP output which is DP++ (Dual Mode) compatible. When a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter is connected to a DP++ (Dual-Mode) connector, the output device senses the presence of the adaptor and sends HDMI signals over the DisplayPort connector rather than DisplayPort signals. No signal conversion is performed by the adapter. HDMI signals are merely passed through.
Written on 11th Nov, 2013 by Cable Chick
Some cables can run twenty metres. Some top out at five. In this article, we examine the limitations on a variety of common formats, and what the pitfalls are to breaking through the length limit barrier. [Read More
Written on 29th Oct, 2013 by Cable Chick
We hear the terms 'active' and 'passive' attributed to cables and equipment all the time. But what does it mean? Which one is better? Which one do you really need? We clarify the difference and explain how to choose between them. [Read More
Blog Category: Technology Guides Tags: HDMI, DisplayPort, AV Switches, AV Signal Converters, Active Devices, Passive Devices, Multi-Displays, Adapters, Full HD 1080p, Essential Reading, Video Conversion, Tech Guides, AV Splitters
Written on 3rd Oct, 2013 by Cable Chick
Welcome to your complete guide the everything HDMI. This beginners guide to HDMI Cables and standards is a must-read for anyone looking to better understand the new HDMI Digital AV connection standard. [Read More