Finally, a super-compact and inexpensive way to connect your HDMI laptop or computer to a VGA projector or monitor!
Now let's get one thing straight - this little beast is a converter despite what the name may suggest. You see, HDMI is a modern digital connection, while VGA is analog and dates right back to the 70s. So there's no native compatibility for getting a HDMI video source to a VGA display... and that's likely the dilemma which brought you here!
But semantics aside, this little gizmo looks like a regular passive 'adapter', but actually has powerful processing inside to convert your digital video signals into high quality analog VGA video! Just be sure to grab a quality VGA cable to complete the rest of your connection from this adapter to your display.
Other than that, this little beauty is 'plug & play' and as simple as it gets with no other cables to power or support it.
Test Results: Our testing has shown this unit to be reliable for resolutions of up to 1920x1080 (Full HD) using a 2m VGA cable. Please note that if used with additional adapters, converters or long VGA cables, the resolution output may be limited. If you need high quality VGA signal over longer distances, we highly recommend our Powered HDMI to VGA Converter.
Please note: Due to content protection issues, this product is not guaranteed to work on AppleTV, Foxtel, Austar or other PayTV services.
Supported HDMI Input Resolutions
Supported VGA Output Resolutions
- Matched to input resolution
More features include:
- 5-Year Cable Chick Replacement Warranty!
- HDMI (Male) to VGA (Female) Converter Adapter
- Converts Digital HDMI Video to Analog VGA Video
- Ideal for using new PCs with older computer monitors, projectors or other displays.
- Input resolution preserved for VGA output
- Maximum reliable resolution: 1920x1080 @ 60Hz
- No additional power required (powered by HDMI port)
- VGA Cable required to complete connection to display
- Colour: Black
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Written on 5th April, 2023 by Cable Chick
Check out our top tips for fixing this uncommon but frustrating HDMI no-signal issue. [Read More
Written on 25th Nov, 2020 by Cable Chick
Make the most of 4K content with our handy connectivity guide! It covers cables, switchers, splitters and all the major 4K content sources available today. [Read More
Written on 20th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Learn about USB Type-C Alt Modes like Thunderbolt 3 and DisplayPort, and what products you can find this feature on! [Read More
Written on 6th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Discover the easiest way to connect your laptop to one or more additional screens with our handy visual guide. [Read More
Blog Category: How To Guides Tags: VGA, How To Guides, AV Signal Converters, Multi-Displays, Adapters, Video Conversion, Tech Guides, Buying Guide, Display Devices, USB Devices, USB Type-C, Thunderbolt
Written on 16th Oct, 2019 by Cable Chick
Incorrectly made DisplayPort cables can cause boot issues on PCs. Find out why this was ever a problem and how correctly manufactured cables aren't affected. [Read More
Written on 17th July, 2019 by Cable Chick
Thunderbolt® is an impressive technology, but it can be hard to fully understand. Read our blog on Thunderbolt, Mini-DisplayPort, and USB-C to learn how they all work. [Read More