At last - DisplayPort to DVI made easy!
Adapts from a DisplayPort Computer or Laptop to a DVI-D monitor/screen
Did you know that most new computers have DisplayPort outputs for video that are already compatible with HDMI, DVI and VGA? That's right! Just look for the D++ Dual-Mode logo in your user documentation. If you've got it, then converting the DisplayPort socket for use with non-Display-Port screens is as easy as this basic cable.
It's a totally passive DP lead with wide compatibility for display resolutions up to and over 1080p depending on your source and display devices. You also get DPCP compatibility for working with protected content media, and the famous Cable Chick warranty. It's great for pretty much everything short of Eyefinity.
Adapts from D++ DisplayPort source devices to work with Digital DVI-D screens for all your video needs up to a maximum of 1920x1080 resolution. This cable is not bi-directional, and does not convert DVI to DisplayPort.
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- Uni-directional, the DisplayPort must be the source device, not the display device!
- 1m Male DisplayPort Connector to Male DVI-D connector
- Perfect for converting a D++ Display Port Device for use with a DVI Screen
- Gold Plated Connectors for optimal signal transfer
- Supports DVI-D resolutions such as 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p plus many others.
- 3.6 Gbps Data tranfer rate (DVI Single Link Limit)
- Support for DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- Display Port D++ device with the ability to output DVI-D is required
- Colour: Black with Gold Connectors
DisplayPort Compatibility Note
DisplayPort (DP) cables and adapters are not bi-directional, and require a DP output which is DP++ (Dual Mode) compatible. When a DisplayPort to DVI cable is connected to a DP++ (Dual-Mode) output, the output device senses the presence of the adaptor cable and sends DVI signals over the DisplayPort connector rather than DisplayPort signals. No signal conversion is performed by the cable. DVI signals are merely passed through.Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Written on 20th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Learn about USB Type-C Alt Modes like Thunderbolt 3 and DisplayPort, and what products you can find this feature on! [Read More
Written on 6th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Discover the easiest way to connect your laptop to one or more additional screens with our handy visual guide. [Read More
Blog Category: How To Guides Tags: VGA, How To Guides, AV Signal Converters, Multi-Displays, Adapters, Video Conversion, Tech Guides, Buying Guide, Display Devices, USB Devices, USB Type-C, Thunderbolt
Written on 16th Oct, 2019 by Cable Chick
Incorrectly made DisplayPort cables can cause boot issues on PCs. Find out why this was ever a problem and how correctly manufactured cables aren't affected. [Read More
Written on 17th July, 2019 by Cable Chick
Thunderbolt® is an impressive technology, but it can be hard to fully understand. Read our blog on Thunderbolt, Mini-DisplayPort, and USB-C to learn how they all work. [Read More
Written on 16th Feb, 2017 by Cable Chick
HDMI 2.0a content used to have a problem with long HDMI cables. Not any longer! Avencore has broken the bandwidth barrier to deliver 4K60 & HDR content up to 100 metres. [Read More
Written on 29th March, 2016 by Cable Chick
What is USB Type-C? How does it fit in with existing versions of USB? USB Type-C and USB 3.1 Gen 2 are explained simply in our in-depth article on the latest reversible connector! [Read More