A small, compact take anywhere USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter which will fast become the must-have accessory for your laptop bag!
This USB Type-C (Male) to DisplayPort (Female) Adapter, allows DisplayPort audio+video signals to be sent from compatible USB-C devices. Just plug a DisplayPort Cable
into this adapter, and the adapter into your USB-C device which supports video output, and you'll be ready to mirror or extend your screen.
Once everything is hooked up, it's simply a case of navigating to the settings screen on your device which manages multiple displays, to see the new connected display. Then, depending on your device, you will see options to mirror or extend your screen to the second screen connected via this adapter. If no additional screens are detected, you may need to do some reasearch to confirm that your device is capable of outputting DisplayPort video from the USB Type-C port. Read on...
USB-C 'Alternate Mode' Compatibility
It's important to note that video output via USB Type-C (known as 'Alternate mode'), which an 'Optional' feature-set of the USB-C standard. This means that not all computers and devices with USB-C will be able to output a DisplayPort signal from the USB Type-C port! As a general rule of thumb, we've found that most Desktop PCs do not support video output from USB-C, as I think they intended for users to use on-board or a third-part video card for that task. Otherwise, we've found USB-C Alternate Mode to be supported on most USB-C laptops and mobile phones produced in the last couple of years. For specific device support (particularly with Apple products, which support comes and goes), we recommend checking the manufacturer's website, or searching in Google first to try confirming this feature.
- 5 Year Cable Chick Warranty!
- USB Type-C to DisplayPort Adapter (Male to Female)
- Transmits Digital Video & Audio Signals
- For use with a high quality DisplayPort Cable
- Supports resolutions including 480p, 480i, 720p, 1080p & 4K@60Hz (on supported devices)
- Simple Plug-n-play setup (no external power required)
- Note: For any video output from USB-C, the device must support 'Alternate Mode' via the USB Type-C port
- Colour: White/Silver/Grey (as Pictured)
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Written on 25th Nov, 2020 by Cable Chick
Make the most of 4K content with our handy connectivity guide! It covers cables, switchers, splitters and all the major 4K content sources available today. [Read More
Written on 20th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Learn about USB Type-C Alt Modes like Thunderbolt 3 and DisplayPort, and what products you can find this feature on! [Read More
Written on 6th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Discover the easiest way to connect your laptop to one or more additional screens with our handy visual guide. [Read More
Blog Category: How To Guides Tags: VGA, How To Guides, AV Signal Converters, Multi-Displays, Adapters, Video Conversion, Tech Guides, Buying Guide, Display Devices, USB Devices, USB Type-C, Thunderbolt
Written on 17th July, 2019 by Cable Chick
Thunderbolt® is an impressive technology, but it can be hard to fully understand. Read our blog on Thunderbolt, Mini-DisplayPort, and USB-C to learn how they all work. [Read More
Written on 29th March, 2016 by Cable Chick
What is USB Type-C? How does it fit in with existing versions of USB? USB Type-C and USB 3.1 Gen 2 are explained simply in our in-depth article on the latest reversible connector! [Read More