Incredible Mini-DisplayPort to VGA adapter! It's got what it takes to make your life easy!
Also compatible with MacBooks featuring the latest Apple Thunderbolt port for Video transmission!
Adapts your Mini-Displayport or Thunderbolt socket to a VGA (Female) connection. Great for connecting your MacBook Pro, PC to analogue VGA monitors or your big-screen TV.
VGA signals up to 1900 x 1200. That's better than HD from a 30-year old standard! I'm impressed. More pixels equals more fun in my book! DisplayPort (and mini DisplayPort) are fairly new on the scene, but they developed it with almost universal compatibility in mind. That's why I can bring you a passive and unpowered adapter cable which not only relieves stress when you have a heavy VGA cable (not included) plugged in, but also has a wide resolution support and DPCP (DisplayPort Content Protection) integration.
While the adapter knows all the tricks of the trade, not all DisplayPort source devices are equipped to output VGA compatible signals, so check your manual or look for the D++ logo to make sure your equiment has the goods to give you VGA compliance. If so, it's as simple as plugging it in and letting 'er rip!
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty !!!
- 15cm Male Mini-DisplayPort Connector (version 1.1a) to female VGA Connector
- Perfect for converting a Mini Display Port Device for use with a VGA Screen
- 10.8 Gbps Data tranfer rate
- Fully Compatible with Apple Thunderbolt sockets for Video Transmission (Data transfer requires an Apple Thunderbolt cable)
- Compatible with all Mini-DisplayPort DP++ equipred devices, including Macbook Pro & most Windows 8 Tablets
- Surface Pro 3 Compatibility: Please note that we've had recent reports of this adapter not working on MS Surface Pro 3 tablets, due to a reduced voltage supplied through the Mini-DisplayPort socket.
- Nickle Silver Plated Connectors for optimal signal quality
- Full Support for and DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- Mini DisplayPort device with the ability to convert VGA is required
- Colour: Off-White with Silver Connectors
- Different devices and product models may feature different connectors. Please check your device has a Mini DisplayPort Output before ordering this product
Mini-DisplayPort Compatibility Note
Mini-DisplayPort (DP) adapters require a Mini-DP output which is DP++ (Dual Mode) compatible. When a Mini-DisplayPort to VGA adapter is connected to a DP++ (Dual-Mode) output, the output device senses the presence of the adaptor and performs an active signal conversion from DisplayPort to VGA. This adaptor is not bi-directional, and does not convert VGA to Mini-DisplayPort.
(14th Jan, 2015)
Product Review by Al,
Thanks, the order did arrive in a timely manner.
The Mini-DisplayPort to VGA Adaptor (Male to Female) works well so far.
The item replaces one that I ordered from Dell which was a little more expensive, took much longer to arrive and fell to pieces (connectors at both ends) in less than a year. The replacement you supplied already has that beaten the Dell offering on two out of three counts. Hopefully, over time, it will do better in terms of durability as well.
Something I particularly appreciate is that you provide extra, insightful, information about many of the products on your website compared with other retailers.
Given the useful information, and the timely service, I plan to keep shopping with you wherever you are competitive on price. Thanks and cheers
(7th June, 2011)
Product Review by Michelle,
I purchased a 3.5mm to Toslink cable and a mini-display port to DVI
cable for my new MBP laptop. Not only was the website easy to
navigate, but the product descriptions and images were concise which provided confidence along with the low prices. My order was dispatched THAT same afternoon! Delivered the next day which was amazing. I'll recommend Cable Chick and be going back for more!
(10th May, 2010)
Product Review by Peter,
I dropped into your store today and picked up the Display Port Male to DVI Female Adapter and connected it to my monitor and laptop. This works perfectly - the laptop recognises that this is a separate monitor, allowing me to choose the resolution I want (currently 1440 x 900) and also allows me to extend my desktop onto this screen too.
There is no noticeable lag between the two external monitors (the other being hooked up to the laptop via the VGA connector port).
So all in all very happy with this item - wouldn't have found it without your detailed specifications listed on the product description on your website.