This might be the most essential accessory for any USB-C equipped laptop, for the PERFECT home-office setup!
It's USB-C to EVERYTHING time! With modern laptops and Ultrabooks practically demanding that you go out and buy a USB-C hub or dock to expand the connectivity of their limited port offerings - this really is an essential add-on. With so many super-slim, super-light laptops, gone are the Ethernet ports, VGA or full-sized HDMI sockets, and you'll be lucky if you get many USB sockets either! Well USB-C has the power to handle all of that, while the USB-C 100W PD (Power Delivery) port on this docking station let's you keep your laptop charged even if you only have the one USB-C socket!
You get an impressive number of 4x Super-Speed USB 3.0 ports for super-fast data transfers. Separate Micro-SD and SD/TF card reader slots, a 10/100 RJ45 Ethernet port, 3.5mm stereo audio output, plus PD (100W Power Delivery) to keep you device charged while the hub is connected - amazing!!
USB to HDMI or VGA Video Adapter
The dock also features VGA, and HDMI connectors, with the VGA capable of outputting 1080p/60Hz, and the HDMI at 4K/30Hz, however please note that you cannot output from both HDMI and VGA simultaneously. Once connected to either the HDMI or VGA port, you'll be able to run the additional screen in ether mirrored or extended desktop mode.
With all ports layed out along the one edge, you'll have easy access to all ports at any time. The USB-C port for power delivery (this USB-C PD port does not support data transfer) will let you run your USB-C power pack directly through the dock and into your laptop with power delivery of up to 100W, enough to charge most USB-C laptops and even (slowly) charge a 15 inch MacBook Pro. However please note that the hub itself can draw up to 8W of power.
- 12 Month Cable Chick Warranty
- USB-C Interface (Thunderbolt 3 compatible)
- 1x HDMI (up to 3840x2160@30Hz)
- 1x VGA (up to 1920x1080@60Hz)
- 100W Power Delivery for keeping your laptop charged via USB-C
- 4x USB 3.0 Ports (5Gbps)
- 1x USB-C Port (for power delivery up to 100W only. Data transfer not supported)
- 1x Micro SD Card Reader
- 1x SD and TF Card Reader
- 1x 3.5mm Stereo Audio Output
- 1x RJ45 10/100 Ethernet Port
- VGA and HDMI can not be used simultaneously
- Integrated 16cm USB-C interface cable
- Compatible with Windows (XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10) and Mac OS 10+
- Colour: Grey Aluminium Alloy
- Device Compatibility:
- Compatible with most USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 laptops, aside from ASUS Zenbook UX330/UX360
- On smartphones, RJ45 only works on Samsung Galaxy Book/S8/S9/Note 8/Note 9
- Limited support for 2019 iPad Pro
- Samsung smartphones do not support extended display mode, only Mirror
- Weight: 230g
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 9th June, 2015
Hi would all of these features work with my Hp stream 8 tablet? its running windows 8.1?
"If the Stream 8 has a USB 3.0 socket, then this docking station can offer its full benefits. However, you may notice some slowdown when running two 1080p monitors at once, as this can be taking for the tablet to process.
The Stream 8 will additionally require a converter cable to go from its Micro USB socket to regular sized USB. Product code: USB4216"
Posted: 14th Sept, 2015
The output choices look perfect. Can I use miniDisplayPort (lightning) as input?
"No. Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt) is not supported by this dock. It takes its data input via USB 3.0 from the PC or Mac as pictured. However, dual display support for Mini-DisplayPort can be achieved with an MST Hub, such as product code DP6817."
Posted: 30th Jan, 2017
Can I plug in a USB memory stick and play the contents via hdmi on my telly?
"No. This unit does not include media playback software - it can only interface with an existing PC or Mac computer.
For the functionality you require, you may consider our Noontec MovieDock media player: http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/noontec-moviedock-a3iis-full-hd-media-player.html"
Posted: 17th Nov, 2017
Does it work with Windows 10?
"Yes, I've tested this device with a Windows 10 computer with no issues."
Posted: 15th April, 2020
Hi, what are the measurements of this unit please?
"The measurements of the dock is 220 x 60 x 20mm."
Have a question about this product?