Plug and play HDMI to VGA cable adapter!
Converts from a HDMI source to a VGA display.
Finally! The day has arrived when a reliable, passively powered HDMI to VGA adapter is available - and here it is! This fantastically compact, 20cm cable adapter gives you impressive capabilities and there isn't a DC power back in sight. You don't have to plug this into the wall or anything to get easy conversion between HDMI and VGA for use with portable systems.
Best used when coming from a PC, Laptop or Tablet, the adapter cable goes into your HDMI source and outputs sweet analog VGA video and 3.5mm stereo audio. It even includes a 1m slimline male to male 3.5mm audio cable for easy connection to your other equipment!
Test Results: Our testing has shown this unit to be reliable for resolutions of up to1600x1200. Unfortunately, while 1080p may be acheivable for some setups, Full HD resoultions may not work for all setups. Additionally, if used with additional adaptors or converters, the resolution output may be limited. If you need to convert Full HD video, we highly recommend our Powered HDMI to VGA Converter.
Please note: Due to content protection issues, this product is not guaranteed to work on AppleTV, Foxtel, Austar or other PayTV services.
- 1x HDMI (Digital Video & Audio) - Male
- 1x VGA (15 Pin DSUB) - Male
- 1x 3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack - Female
Supported HDMI Input Resolutions
Supported VGA Output Resolutions
- Matched to input resolution
- 1 x HDMI to VGA Passive Adapter (20cm)
- 1 x 3.5mm Male to Male Stereo Audio Jack Cable (1m)
More features include:
- 12 Month Cable Chick Replacement Warranty!
- Converts Digital HDMI Video + Audio to VGA + 3.5mm Stereo Analog Audio
- Ideal for using new PCs with older Computer Monitors, Projectors or other displays.
- Input resolution preserved for VGA output
- Maximum reliable resolution: 1600x1200 @ 60Hz
- VGA Cable required to complete connection to display
- Colour: Black
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 25th July, 2014
Does this product provide signal from a VGA laptop to an HDMI TV?
"No, unfortunately this device is uni-directional and will only work when going from an HDMI source to a VGA screen."
Posted: 20th April, 2015
Does this work from games consoles (hdmi output) to projecter (input)?
"Yes, for unprotected gameplay content this adapter should work for most consoles, but not for protected content like Blu-ray movies. Some consoles may need HDCP disabled first (ie PS4)."
Posted: 11th May, 2015
Will this convert picture and sound from settop box (HDMI) to LCD computer screen (VGA)?
"Provided the HDMI content is not HDCP protected, and the LCD accepts audio input or you have separate speakers, this converter should be fine for use with Set Top Boxes and DVRs, up to 1600x1200 resolution."
Posted: 28th July, 2015
How do you make the sound work?
"If your source device is a PC or Mac, please read our blog on HDMI audio: http://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/hdmi-audio-output-for-windows-and-mac/"
Have a question about this product?