There's no need to upgrade to an expensive LCD, LED or Plasma TV just yet!
Converts from a 1080p or lower HDMI source to a Component Video + Stereo display. Does not circumvent HDCP copy-protected content such as from AppleTV or Foxtel devices.
Downgrading HDMI to an old analog standard can extend the life of your faithful old home theatre gear and make it easier than ever to enjoy new content. High quality built-in CRT displays in old homes or camper vans need not be destroyed when a converter can keep them going.
This high-quality, powered Avencore HDMI to Component + Audio Video Converter is just the ticket for those situations, and can easily handle anything up to 1080p on the input side to give you crisp viewing on any analog Television, Projector or Display which accepts Component Video (YPbPr).
It's simple to use, too: Just plug in your HDMI source (DVD, Blu-Ray, PlayStation 3, XBOX 360, etc) and then connect up to the Component RCA sockets on your display for video and audio. That's it! No settings, buttons or remote controls to get in the way
Please note: Due to HDCP content protection, this product is not designed to work on AppleTV, Foxtel, Austar or other PayTV services,and may have limited functionality on other protected sources. For the PS4, please disable HDCP via the safe-mode settings menu if necessary.
Google Chromecast note: Confirmed compatible as of December 2020.
- 1 x HDMI 1.3 input (up to 1080p 2D)
- 1 x Component YPbPr Video output (3xRCA)
- 1 x Stereo Audio (2xRCA - Left & Right)
- 12-Month Replacement Warranty
- Avencore HDMI to Component Video Converter
- Resolution Pass-through converter, keeping the input resolution
- Converts HDMI to Component video and Analog Stereo audio
- Audio input format: 2 channel LPCM
- Supported Input/Output Resolutions: 480P@60Hz, 576P@50Hz, 720P@50/60Hz, 1080P@50/60Hz
- Please note: 1080p input is not available on all Component displays. Check your display devices YPbPr input specifications to check for 1080P support. Alternatively select a lower output resolution from your source device if your TV shows a black screen.
- Colour: Black with silver connectors
- Dimensions: 97mm(W) x 65mm(D) x 21mm(H)
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 15th Jan, 2015
Do you know if this will work with the current Apple TV when used with catch-up TV programs like ABC iView?
"AppleTV requires a digital connection to the TV, such as HDMI or DVI. AppleTV does not support any type of downscaling or analogue conversion as their content protection prevents it, regardless of the programme being viewed."
Posted: 7th August, 2015
I just purchased a soundbar which requires HDMI input to the TV. My TV only has one HDMI cable which I currently have my Apple TV plugged into so I bought an HDMI splitter and plugged this into the TV port but the Apple TV won't play through the splitter, only connected directly to the TV. What product could I use to plug into my existing TV (no spare HDMI cable) and cover the HDMI cable from the sound bar?
"Our passive 4 Port HDMI Switcher is compatible with Apple TV.
Posted: 17th Sept, 2015
Does it come with power supply?
"Yes. An Australian power pack is included."
Posted: 3rd Oct, 2015
Can this be used for chromecast when no hdmi input on amp to connect through component cables to projector for netflix?
"From what I've read online, a Chromecast can be connected through a converter and still work - however this is not something we have been able to test first hand so we can't guarantee operation in this fashion.
Also, if Chromecast uses HDCP (High-Definition Copy-Protection) for any of it's content, then it is likely that such protected content wouldn't work through a HDMI to Component Converter."
Posted: 14th Sept, 2016
Do you know if this will work with a Telstra TV device?
"No. Telstra TV delivers HDCP protected content, which is not compatible with analog video standards. Only a digital link (such as HDMI) directly to the TV will support all Telstra TV content."
Have a question about this product?