DVI-D is still going strong in the home computer market, and this is as good as it gets!
Connects between two DVI-D (digital video) devices for crystal-clear video resolutions up to 2560x1600 including 1080p and 1440p
The last hurrah of DVI is here and it's going out in style thanks to Avencore's Platinum Series treatment! Sporting the same colour scheme and build quality as their bestselling Platinum Series HDMI range, these Dual-Link DVI-D cables also benefit from high gauge copper cores, metal plug overmolds and a hard-wearing jacket and braid combo.
Reliable high-resolution compatibility is achievable on only the best-specced DVI-D cables, and these amazing examples will allow your old computer monitors to live out their days at peak performance, with resolution compatibility blasting through Full HD 1080p and going all the way to WQXGA 2560x1600.
DVI-D doesn't support audio, but remains a formidable interconnect for video graphics on older model computers to this day.
- Avencore 5 Year Replacement Warranty
- Short-length 50cm DVI-D Dual Link Cable (Male to Male)
- Moulded plugs with metal housings
- Suits resolutions including 480p, 720p,1080p, 1920x1200 and 2560x1600.
- 26AWG 99.9% Oxygen Free Copper cores
- Gold plated connectors for longer lifespan
- Nylon braid over PVC jacket for durability
- Video only. Does not support audio
- Colour: Black with Blue plugs and gold Connectors
Best used for:
- Home, Office & Light Commercial
- DVI-D computer systems and monitors
- Last-gen gaming computers and laptops
- High-resolution video
Note: If you require the higher resolutions offered by DVI Dual-Link, please ensure both your source and display devices are DVI-D Dual Link compatible and avoid using HDMI. HDMI and DVI are only compatible over a 'single-link' connection, which limits video to 1080p or 1920x1200 maximum.
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 12th July, 2007
I have a HP LP2465 monitor with DVI-I in and a DVD player with component RCA video out. Can I use this cable to connect the DVD player to the monitor?
"Yes. The DVI-I connector is capable of transmitting an Analog or Digital Video Signals. So by using this cable, the Component output on your DVD Player will be sent as analog across the cable to your DVI-I port."
Posted: 1st Jan, 2008
I have an LG 42PB4D Plasma TV with an integrated HDTV tuner so i can access the additional HD channels. I can't record HDTV channels on my standard DVD Recorder. Can I use this cable to connect the HDTV to a standard DVD Recorder?
"A standard DVD recorder will not be able to record a HDTV broardcast as it is not able to process the incoming signal down to DVD quality, in real-time, for recording.
Your HDTV signal will be coming in at 1920 x 1080i, and your DVD recorder will want to record at 720 x 576i/p."
Posted: 8th July, 2008
Can I use this cable to connect my PC video out (DVI) to my TV set (Component input)?
"Yes, as long as the DVI out is a DVI-I port and not a DVI-D port as only DVI-I will work with Component."
Have a question about this product?