Go beyond the limitations of traditional HDMI cabling with a hybrid fibre solution.
Avencore Carbon Series HDMI Active Optical Cables offer true 4K@60Hz throughput at lengths beyond the ability of traditional copper cables. Aside from being a directional cable (with a dedicated source and display end), these cables operate just like a conventional HDMI cable, with no extra power or connections required - just a HDMI Male plug on each end! Avencore's Carbon Series Optical HDMI cables breaks new ground for what was previously thought possible!
Supports HDMI v2.0a abilities including HDR, CEC, 16-bit colour and more. This amazing 20m cable requires no boosters or extra power of any kind! Compatible with all HDMI equipment.
With the dominance of HDR and 4K content in the home theatre market, manufacturers of hardware technology have quickly exceeded the capabilities of copper cables, limiting users to cables of 5 metres or less in order to retain the bandwidth necessary for the biggest picture and best features.
No so with the Avencore Carbon Series HDMI Active Optical Cable range. Using a fibre optic core, these exceptional cables are impervious to electromagnetic interference and retain maximum bandwidth over all lengths. Unlike other optical HDMI cables, the Carbon Series needs no external power of any kind and can work with all HDMI based systems without special setup requirements.
With full HDMI 2.0a hardware compatibility, you'll retain features like HDR, 32 Channel Audio, Rec. 2020, 3D, CEC, Deep colour and more no matter how long your cable is. 4K UHD at 60Hz has never looked so good, and has never gone such a great distance!
Carbon Series HDMI Active Optical Cables are also easy to work with, sporting a 4.8mm cable diameter with metal alloy plugs measuring 17x9x36mm plus the obligatory gold plated terminals. Flexibility is also high, with a 25mm bend radius, making them suitable for all installations including for use with VR systems
The Avencore Carbon Series HDMI Active Optical cable range is the ultimate in HDMI cable technology for the 4K era, and is targeted for use with 4K60 systems running HDR content, and for 1080p/3D content over longer distances than regular copper cables can achieve.
Carbon Series 20m HDMI over Fibre Optical Cable Specifications
- Avencore 5 Year Replacement Warranty
- Latest HDMI 2.0a Compatibility!
- Fibre Optical Cores - no EMF or RFI
- Supports High-Speed 18 Gbps Bandwidth
- Supports CEC, HDR, 3D and more
- Supports HDCP2.2 (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection)
- Suits high-bandwidth resolutions including 4K@60Hz, 1080p 3D, 1080p @120Hz
- No External Power needed! Plug and Play!
- Directional Cable - Plugs are marked Source / Display
- Colour: Black Cable with Grey Connectors
Best used for
- Home, Office & Light Commercial Installations
- 2D content up to 4K@60Hz
- 3D content 1080p@120Hz
- Foxtel, Apple TV, Austar and other content-protected PayTV services
- Youtube, Netflix & Blu-ray Ultra HD content
- High-interference environments
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 9th Sept, 2014
Are 14.3gbps hdmi cables better than 10.2gbps cables?
"Higher bandwidth capacity translates to greater compatibility with the latest HDMI 2.0 hardware features like 4K@60Hz. We are currently in the process of testing and revising our HDMI cable specs to see where they fall within the new HDMI testing standards. For our top-end cables like Amped Fusion & Onyx, they should be able to move 18.0 Gbit/s on HDMI 2.0 hardware on lengths up to 5 metres without any trouble."
Posted: 13th August, 2019
Hi, I need to clarify the 4K60Hz rating on the Avencore Carbon Series 20m HDMI Active Optical Cable. Is the 4K60 specification at 4:4:4 or 4:2:0 colour space.
"The 4k/60 specification is at 4:4:4 colour space."
Posted: 9th Dec, 2019
Do these active and directional cables support ARC?
"As directional cables only send signal one direction they are not ARC compatible."
Have a question about this product?