Compatible with MacBooks, iPads and the latest Windows laptops and computers that feature USB-C.
A multi-function USB-C hub designed to let you connect to 3x USB 3.0 ports and a VGA or HDMI Display (one at a time).
USB-C ports are becoming ubiquitous on modern laptops, tablets and PCs, but not all monitors, projectors and TVs share the same love affair with USB-C, often offering only HDMI, or the older VGA standard. In the past, connecting USB-C devices to VGA or HDMI displays required a separate cable for each occasion, but with this handy travel-sized adapter, you can plug in just about any standard display using the cable it already has.
Choose between either HDMI or VGA (this is not a splitter) and connect a single display to any USB-C socket on any PC or Mac based device and enjoy immediate conversion to HDMI or VGA. Just plug in any regular HDMI or VGA cable (like the one already attached to your display) and it'll be good to go for resolutions up to 1920x1080 Full HD.
Just check that your USB-C source has support for HDMI and VGA compatible video output - read your device manual as not all devices with USB-C support it (sigh...). This adapter is not bi-directional, and does not convert HDMI/VGA devices to work on USB-C screens.
Check out these cool features
- Connects your high definition monitor, projector, or LCD that uses HDMI, DVI or VGA to a MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air with a USB-C port
- Also compatible with PCs with USB-C.
- 3x Super-SPeed USB 3.0 Port to connect all your older USB devices
- Plug and Play. The best way to connect HD monitors, HDTVs, projectors, or other display devices to your computer or tablet.
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- Designed for connecting a USB-C Device for use with a HDMI or VGA enabled TV, projector or monitor.
- Nickle Silver Plated Connectors for optimal signal quality
- Supports HDMI resolutions up to 4K @ 30Hz
- Supports VGA resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
- Powered from USB-C source
- Full Support for HDCP ver. 2.2 over compatible connections
- USB-C device with the ability to convert HDMI or VGA is required
- Only One Video Output may be used at any time
- Colour: White & Silver
- Different devices and product models may feature different connectors. Please check your device has a USB-C Compatible Output before ordering this product
Please note: Whilst the Adaptor can output to HDMI Audio support is dependant on the capability of the source USB-C device.
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Written on 25th Nov, 2020 by Cable Chick
Make the most of 4K content with our handy connectivity guide! It covers cables, switchers, splitters and all the major 4K content sources available today. [Read More
Written on 20th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Learn about USB Type-C Alt Modes like Thunderbolt 3 and DisplayPort, and what products you can find this feature on! [Read More
Written on 6th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Discover the easiest way to connect your laptop to one or more additional screens with our handy visual guide. [Read More
Blog Category: How To Guides Tags: VGA, How To Guides, AV Signal Converters, Multi-Displays, Adapters, Video Conversion, Tech Guides, Buying Guide, Display Devices, USB Devices, USB Type-C, Thunderbolt
Written on 16th Dec, 2019 by Cable Chick
Take your entertainment to the next level with our handy tips on upgrading your home theatre. From small budgets to big-ticket enhancements, we've got a tip or two for you! [Read More
Written on 17th July, 2019 by Cable Chick
Thunderbolt® is an impressive technology, but it can be hard to fully understand. Read our blog on Thunderbolt, Mini-DisplayPort, and USB-C to learn how they all work. [Read More
Written on 25th August, 2016 by Cable Chick
Cable Chick is now stocking the Platinum Series TOSLINK Optical Audio range from Avencore! [Read More
Posted: 28th Oct, 2015
I have a 2015 iMac.
The Thunderbolt plug end of my Thunderbolt to Firewire 800 adapter
that I use with this computer measures 7 x 4 mm.
What are the measurements of Thunderbolt plug end of this adapter?
"Thunderbolt and Mini-DisplayPort share the same connector type, which measures 7.5mm x 4.5mm. You can see pictures of the Male plug and Female socket in our connector chart: http://www.cablechick.com.au/content/cable-connector-chart/#dp
This adapter has a standard Thunderbolt-compatible Mini-DisplayPort plug."
Posted: 17th Oct, 2016
Does this connector actually suit a 2009 white unibody Macbook a1181 model ?
I need a HDMI converter to output from my macbook.
"No. The White-09 spec Macbook is more likely to sport a Mini-DVI socket than the newer Mini-DisplayPort/Thunderbolt socket. You can match the port on your laptop with our connector chart here: http://www.cablechick.com.au/content/cable-connector-chart/#dvi , and I'm fairly sure you'll need the following adapter: http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/mini-dvi-male-to-hdmi-female-adaptor.html"
Have a question about this product?