The original 3m USB Mini-B Cable that dominated before Micro USB came along - perfect for faster charging of your PS3 or PS4 DualShock wireless controller or USB Mini-B device!
Why do companies make it so darn difficult to get replacement or additional cables for their new-fangled gadgetry? Can't they just use something tried, true, tested and terrific? Like this USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Cable (A Male to Mini-B 5 Pin Male). It's small, it's rugged, it looks great and it goes fast. They're fully rated for USB 2.0 transfer rates at up to 480Mbps, making them great for saving your digital pictures to your PC or synching your music database with your PDA or compatible phone.
This USB Type-A (Male) to USB Mini-B (5-Pin Male) Cable is commonly used for charging and data transfers for devices with the USB Mini-B 5-Pin Socket. Often found on some model digital cameras, MP3 players and external hard drives. Also used as a PlayStation 3 (PS3) game controller charging cable.
Inside the cable is the same foil and braided shielding from our other premium USB cables, with twisted pair construction and error-free performance that is backwards compatible with USB 1.0 and 1.1 as well as 2.0. You can't go wrong with this cable!
Check out the following Digital Camera compatibility chart:
- Canon EOS 10D SLR, EOS 300D Digital Rebel SLR, Powershot A10, Powershot A20, Powershot A30, Powershot A40, Powershot A60, Powershot A70, Powershot A80, Powershot A100, Powershot A200, Powershot A300, Powershot G3, Powershot G5, Powershot S30, Powershot S40, Powershot S45, Powershot S50, Powershot S300, Powershot S330, Powershot S400, Powershot SD10, Powershot SD100
- Casio GV-10, QV-4000, QV-5700, QV-R4, QV-R40
- Concord Eye-Q 3340z and Eye-Q 4060AF
- Contax TVS Digital
- Cool-Icam Aqua 2100
- Fujifilm FinePix S5000 Zoom and S7000 Zoom
- HP Photosmart 620, 635, 720, 735, 850, 935, 945
- Kyocera Finecam L3V, S3L, S5, S5R, SL300R
- Nikon Coolpix 2000, Coolpix SQ, D2H SLR, D100 SLR
- Olympus C-50 Zoom, C-720 Ultrazoom, C-730 Ultrazoom, C-740 Ultrazoom, C-750 Ultrazoom, C-4000 Zoom, C-5000 Zoom, C-5050 Zoom, C-5060 Zoom, D-380, D-390, D-520 Zoom, D-550 Zoom, D-560 Zoom, D-565 Zoom, E-1 SLR, Stylus Digital 300, Stylus Digital 400, W-10
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1, DMC-FZ10, DMC-LC5, Lumix DMC-LC33, DMC-LC40
- Pentax Optio 330rs and Optio 430rs
- Polaroid PDC2150, PDC2350, PDC3350
- Polaroid iON 230
- Ricoh RR30 Caplio
- Samsung Digimax 240
- Sigma SD9 SLR and SD10 SLR
- Sony Cybershot DCR-IP220, DCR-PC110, DSC-F707, DSC-F717, DSC-F828, DSC-P1, DSC-P2, DSC-P5, DSC-P7, DSC-P8, DSC-P9, DSC-P10, DSC-P20, DSC-P30, DSC-P31, DSC-P32, DSC-P50, DSC-P51, DSC-P71, DSC-P72, DSC-P92, DSC-S75, DSC-S85, DSC-U10, DSC-U20, DSC-U30, DSC-U50, DSC-U60, DSC-V1
- Sony Mavica CD200, CD250, CD300, CD350, CD400, CD500
- 5 Year Cable Chick Warranty!
- 3 Meter USB 2.0 Cable (USB Type Changer).
- USB A Male to USB Mini-B 5 Pin Male.
- Transmission speeds up to 480Mbps.
- Shielded for improved signal transmission.
- Durable construction for rugged applications.
- Suitable for all USB devices including USB-powered peripherals.
- Colour: Black.
Cable Chick Tip: Many smartphones have a Micro USB or USB-C socket, while the Mini-B standard was more commonly found on USB 2.0 External HDDs, Digital Cameras and for charging some wireless game controllers. So please check your device for compatibility before purchase.
Compatible with the SONY PSP and PlayStation 3 wireless controllers!
Perfect for smaller devices like digital camera's and PDA's!
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
(10th May, 2010)
Product Review by Rod,
Just thought I would drop you a line to say how pleased I am with my latest purchase.
When I mentioned to my 16 year old Grandson (I'm 69 and need some guidance re computers) that I needed a USB extension lead, he informed me that anything over 2m was a waste of money and wouldn't perform too well. As I've purchased HDMI Cables, etc, from you I decided to see what you had to offer.
After studying the comprehensive Technical Specifications you provide with each cable, I decided for once to ignore his advice and purchased a 5m Premium USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Extension Cable from you.
I am delighted with my purchase and the superfast delivery. The quality and speed of transfer of my files via this cable are a joy to behold and even my Grandson has admitted he was wrong... One up for the Wrinkles!
(25th Jan, 2010)
Product Review by Mrs R Everton,
i just have to say how wonderful cable chick is.
I put my order in on Sunday morning, and received both my products on Tuesday
I brought the 2m USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Cable (A to Mini-B 5 Pin) to charge my controller and being 2m long now I don't have to sit so close to the TV, when it's charging while I am playing, a must buy for any PS3 player.
Also I brought the XBOX 360 Rechargeable Controller Battery Pack for my son, we got him one before from another place. Only for it not to charge the controller and one very angry unhappy son. When i found this one on the site, i thought we will give this one a go. and this one works like it should now my son is happy as we now have one that's charging.
Take my word for it this is the best place to buy all cables you wont be sorry.
Posted: 23rd Sept, 2015
Hi, will this work with a USB 2.0 external hard drive? I need a replacement cable. If not do you have one that will work?
"If this cable matches the one which came with your HDD, there should be no problem. If your original cable was a Y splitter type to provide additional power, please check our product code: USB0960"
Posted: 6th Oct, 2015
On this cable, are 5 wires connected to the Mini B?
"Pin 4 (ID) of the Mini-B side is not connected."
Have a question about this product?