You never know when you'll need a replacement.
Sites like Ebay have been great for extending the life of technology. Every camcorder, mobile phone, camera and portable hard drive that finds a new home instead of finding it's way into landfill helps the environment and makes nice pocket money for the legitimate private sellers. But sometimes those private sellers have gone and lost important cabling and instructions - sometimes without realising it - and pass their treasures on to you, the buyer, without something critical like a 1m USB 2.0 Type A Male to Mini-B 5 Pin Cable.
This 1m USB Type-A (Male) to USB Mini-B (5-Pin Male) Cable is commonly used for charging and data transfers for devices with the USB Mini-B 5-Pin Socket. Often found on some model digital cameras, MP3 players and external hard drives. Also used as a charging cable for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) Dual-Shock wireless game controller.
In my never-ending quest to have every possible cable worth stocking, I've found you the perfect replacement cable for your Mini-B 5-Pin device. It has all the great engineering qualities as my other USB cables, like 480Mpbs throughput capacity, nickel silver connectors and overmounding for frequent use at home, in the office or on the road.
All you need do is check that your device is compliant with the official USB Mini-B 5-Pin plug type (pictured), and you'll be transfering data between your camera and your pc in no time at all. Or your Phone and your pc. Or your pocket hard drive. Or...
Check out the following Digital Camera compatibility chart:
- Canon EOS 10D SLR, EOS 300D Digital Rebel SLR, Powershot A10, Powershot A20, Powershot A30, Powershot A40, Powershot A60, Powershot A70, Powershot A80, Powershot A100, Powershot A200, Powershot A300, Powershot G3, Powershot G5, Powershot S30, Powershot S40, Powershot S45, Powershot S50, Powershot S300, Powershot S330, Powershot S400, Powershot SD10, Powershot SD100
- Casio GV-10, QV-4000, QV-5700, QV-R4, QV-R40
- Concord Eye-Q 3340z and Eye-Q 4060AF
- Contax TVS Digital
- Cool-Icam Aqua 2100
- Fujifilm FinePix S5000 Zoom and S7000 Zoom
- HP Photosmart 620, 635, 720, 735, 850, 935, 945
- Kyocera Finecam L3V, S3L, S5, S5R, SL300R
- Nikon Coolpix 2000, Coolpix SQ, D2H SLR, D100 SLR
- Olympus C-50 Zoom, C-720 Ultrazoom, C-730 Ultrazoom, C-740 Ultrazoom, C-750 Ultrazoom, C-4000 Zoom, C-5000 Zoom, C-5050 Zoom, C-5060 Zoom, D-380, D-390, D-520 Zoom, D-550 Zoom, D-560 Zoom, D-565 Zoom, E-1 SLR, Stylus Digital 300, Stylus Digital 400, W-10
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1, DMC-FZ10, DMC-LC5, Lumix DMC-LC33, DMC-LC40
- Pentax Optio 330rs and Optio 430rs
- Polaroid PDC2150, PDC2350, PDC3350
- Polaroid iON 230
- Ricoh RR30 Caplio
- Samsung Digimax 240
- Sigma SD9 SLR and SD10 SLR
- Sony Cybershot DCR-IP220, DCR-PC110, DSC-F707, DSC-F717, DSC-F828, DSC-P1, DSC-P2, DSC-P5, DSC-P7, DSC-P8, DSC-P9, DSC-P10, DSC-P20, DSC-P30, DSC-P31, DSC-P32, DSC-P50, DSC-P51, DSC-P71, DSC-P72, DSC-P92, DSC-S75, DSC-S85, DSC-U10, DSC-U20, DSC-U30, DSC-U50, DSC-U60, DSC-V1
- Sony Mavica CD200, CD250, CD300, CD350, CD400, CD500
- 5 Year Cable Chick Warranty!
- 1 meter USB 2.0 Cable (USB Type Changer).
- USB A Male to USB Mini-B 5 Pin Male.
- Transmission speeds up to 480Mbps.
- Shielded for improved signal transmission.
- Durable construction for rugged applications.
- Suitable for all USB devices including USB-powered peripherals.
- Colour: Black.
Cable Chick Tip: Not all current mobile phones or cameras have Mini-B 5 Pin USB ports, so check your device manual for compatibility before purchase.
Compatible with the SONY PSP and PlayStation 3 wireless controllers!
Perfect for smaller devices like digital camera's and PDA's!
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 13th July, 2015
I have an 8 year old WD 250Gb portable hard drive. Will the 1m USB Hi-Speed A to mini-B 5 pin cable allow me to attach to a TV and show movies?
"If your TV has a USB socket which supports file playback, then yes, any USB cable which would work for connecting the HDD to your PC would also work on your TV. Please note that not all televisions support all file types, and any files which your TV can't play will not show up when accessing the drive."
Have a question about this product?