Upgrade your Macbook's Mini DisplayPort or Apple Thunderbolt socket so it can connect to regular DisplayPort devices!
This passive Mini DisplayPort (male) to DisplayPort (female) adapter allows you to use DisplayPort (DP) monitors with your Mini-DP equiped MacBook. Suporting resolutions up to Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz) and compatible with all Mini-DisplayPort equiped computers, including MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro & Lenovo ThinkPad.
Simply insert the Mini-DisplayPort end into the socket on your computer, then connect any of our DisplayPort (Male to Male) cables and you're off and running :)
Mini DisplayPort Audio Compatability
While DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort connections are capable of transmitting high quality digital Video and Audio, the older 2009 line of MacBooks and MacBook Pros are unable to transfer audio signals through their Mini DisplayPort, and can only do so over USB, Firewire or the 3.5mm Audio line out port (the April 2010 line of MacBook Pro, and iMac from late 2009 can output audio over Mini DisplayPort however).
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- Male Mini DisplayPort Connector to Female DisplayPort connector
- 10.8 Gbps Data tranfer rate
- Supports video signals up to Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz with supporting displays.
- Support for HDCP and DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- Colour: Black
- Listing is for one adapter. Product photos may show two adapters to illustrate both ends of the adapter
- Different devices and product models may feature different connectors. Please check your device has a Mini DisplayPort socket before ordering this product
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 9th Feb, 2015
Can I use this to connect a firewire 400 mixer to a mini displayport laptop to record onto?
"No. This cable is for video displays only."
Posted: 18th July, 2016
Can I use this adapter to connect a 1394 Ilink to a Thunderbolt port?
"No. This adapter is only for Mini-DisplayPort / DisplayPort video and audio. It does not have any FireWire sockets."
Posted: 24th August, 2022
Wiill this plug into my late 2014 iMac thunderbolt socket to give me an extra USB socket?
"No. This is a conversion from Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort and used for video signals only. Data is only possible with Thunderbolt products which isn't something that we sell."
Have a question about this product?