An 8-Port AV Switcher and a 2-Way AV Splitter all packaged into one classy metal box!
This AV switcher and splitter takes up to 8x 3RCA inputs (composite video + stereo audio), and outputs the input to 2 x outputs simultaneously! So you get the best of an 8-Port AV switch and 2-Way AV splitter all in one!
This sturdy metal box provides two vital functions. The first is as an 8-Port AV switch, with 8 sets of nickel plated 3RCA terminals carrying through the composite video + left & rIght stereo audio signals. The second function is as a 2-Way AV splitter. You see, this nifty switch outputs to BOTH sets of outputs at all times, meaning you can send your source to a second device if you'd like. Fancy a second TV in another room? Done! Want to send just the audio to another pair of speakers? Sure thing!
Any composite video source device is up for grabs, too; VCR, DVD, Blu-Ray, set-top boxes, Foxtel boxes and consoles are all fair game. Switching is a manual push-button affair (my personal preference for this kind of thing), and that also means there's no remote control to lose or power supply to find a spare outlet for.
Other than that there's not too much more to say, as you really get what you see here... oh, there is the security of my 12 Month Cable Chick warranty :-)
It's perfect for installers, shopfitters, entertainers and home theatre enthusiasts alike!
- 8x 3RCA Inputs (Composite Video + L & R Stereo Audio)
- 2x 3RCA Inputs (Composite Video + L & R Stereo Audio)
- 12 Months Cable Chick Warranty!
- 8-Port AV Switch box with 2-Way Splitter Output
- AV Switching and AV Splitter Functionality
- High isolation; strong anti-interference design
- Left & right audio switching via RCA
- Unpowered switch; put it anywhere in a total cable run of up to 10m
- Solid metal casing
- No power supply required
- Colour: Black
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 30th Sept, 2014
What about the opposite. I need a new TV. New TVs only have 1 component. I have 2 players/recorders that each have a component output. What device do you have for this application? 2 into 1. That is 2 component inputs and 1 component output?
"The opposite of this device is our Component Switch: http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/4-way-component-av-selector-switch.html - it allows multiple source devices to be connected to a single receiver/display.
Another option is to convert one of the component sources to HDMI: http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/component-video-2rca-stereo-audio-to-hdmi-converter.html"
Posted: 29th March, 2016
I have a stretch limo with 4 tvs.Can this unit run on 12 volts and if not what other splitters do you have?
"The unit itself requires 12V / 0.5A to operate, but the included mains adapter expects 110-240v input."
Posted: 18th May, 2018
What is the max resolution that this items supports?
"It supports up to 576i maximum."
Posted: 2nd July, 2018
Can this work for audio only?
I need to take a single audio out and split in to three amplifiers.
Also, could I use the other audio channel for a different source?
"Yes, this unit can distribute audio, video or both. Whatever is connected will be duplicated.
This unit only has a single set of inputs, so it can only accept one stereo input. You could, however, used the CVBS video socket to distribute another RCA signal, such as mono audio or digital coaxial."
Have a question about this product?