Access SATA & IDE Hard Drives data without the hassle of installing it in a PC!
Turns any internal SATA or IDE 3.5" and 2.5" hard disk or optical drive into a storage drive with USB interface - like a massive USB drive! Supports Desktop and Laptop sized hard drives including SSD (Solid State Drives) up to SATA III. Supports PC, Mac Linux and up to three simultaneously connected drives!
This adapter is the holy grail for anyone burdened with the task of rescuing old computers. It allows quick and simple access to any hard drive without the need to fiddle around with expensive caddies or taking the trouble to connect it to a motherboard - just plug it in like a big USB stick!
For all internal 2.5" and 3.5" SATA & IDE hard drives from most PCs and Laptops, this cable basically turns them into USB flash drives. Just plug and play on any Windows OS between XP and 8 or on a modern Intel-based Mac and the drive will pop up like any other mass storage device. Should also work on most other modern operating systems with USB Mass Storage support including Linux and Android (Fat32 formatted drives only).
Supports USB 2.0 and 3.0 for compatibility with all modern computers at the fastest speeds, and includes the requisite adapter cables to work with data and power for all common hard drive types. Supports FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS hard drives, too! It's a one-stop-shop for accessing data off old hard drives or performing mass backups when regular portable hard drives aren't readily available. Also a handy tool for simple data recovery attempts!
Includes a power pack for mains power since full-size hard drives are too hungry for USB alone.
- 12 Month Warranty!
- USB 3.0 to SATA & IDE Adapter
- Supports 2.5" and 3.5" SATA HDDs & Optical Drives
- Included power supply with Australian plug
- Direct-to-drive SATA Data & Power Connection
- SATA connection up to SATA III speeds
- DC Power adapter cable included for 3.5" Drive support
- No software required for modern OS's
- Compatible with Windows 2000/Me/XP/Vista/7/8/10 plus Mac OS
- Colour: Black
- Note: NOT Bi-Directional. USB PC to HDD Only
Please note: This device cannot circumvent NTFS drive encryption for accessing protected folders. Also, Product packaging lists features not available on this version of the cable. Hard Drives NOT included.
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 5th Jan, 2015
Can you write to the sata/ide drive with this unit?
"Absolutely. You get full read/write access just as though your hard drive were a portable USB storage device. Your computer will 'see' it like a flash drive, with its own drive letter allocation, etc."
Posted: 4th May, 2015
In your notes it say not bi-directional PC to he'd only but in answered question you say you can read/write as a portable USB. I ask as I want to connect a hdd and be able to read from it and also write information to it as well?
"We mean to say it is not possible to use this solution to attach USB storage to an IDE or SATA controller.
When connecting a HDD to USB as per the instructions, you get full read/write access just like connecting a flash drive or plugging the HDD in directly to the motherboard."
Posted: 30th July, 2015
In response to above answer,
1. Can allow the hard drives to be hot swappable?
2. Does not suppport advanced functions on IDE/SATA e.g. RAID configurations?
"Hard Drives attached to a PC via this adapter appear and function just like USB Mass Storage devices, meaning functions like RAID are not practical. Hard drives can be hot swapped in the same manner as all USB storage devices can be hot swapped (no computer shut-down or restart is needed)."
Posted: 15th May, 2017
Is this device windows 10 compatible too ?
"Yes. It operates just like a USB mass storage device, and is Windows 10 compatible."
Have a question about this product?