SCART from your PlayStation 1, 2 or 3 console? Yes please!!!
This RGB SCART AV Cable is designed for the original PAL region PlayStation 1-3 consoles (PS1, PS2 & PS3), and intended for use with RGB SCART 21-Pin equiped TVs for the ultimate in analogue video quality.
Sony's first three consoles were enquipped with a clever Multi-AV port. That means the one cable can be used accross the three systems. Choose this cable if you own a TV with RGB SCART input, and you're looking to get the best picture possible from your PS1, PS2 or PS3 console!
Designed for PAL version Sony Playstation systems only (NTSC not supported).
What are Retrogaming Cables?
These retrogaming cables are new cables, for our beloved classic game consoles. They have been specifically designed for the the specified video game systems, for the highest quality analogue video output with zero latency. These cables have been developed to either serve as quality replacements for the original AV cables which shipped with the game consoles, or offer superior AV output quality so you can enjoy these old consoles like never before!
Cable Options for Sony's PlayStation 1, 2 & 3 consoles
When it comes to hooking up your Sega game console to a TV, you have four main options with a MK1 console:
- Composite Video: This is the most basic connection standard available and was commonly used for most PS1 and PS2 system setups. The maximum supported resolution is only 576i, which may be ok for the PS1 and PS2, but not adequate for the PS3. Expect a soft, and somewhat grainy video quality with stereo audio. Where possible, you shoud be using another connection type however...
- Component Video: Component video is a fantastic option if you have a TV with red, green & blue Component Video inputs. Expect very high quality video output, with true colours and sharp images. This option is equilivent to RGB SCART connections.
- THIS CABLE > RGB SCART: The SCART connector was an amazing analogue standard used in Europe, and it made it's way over to Australia on some higher end CRT televisions. With full separation of the video and audio signals. With a quality matching Compoennt Vdeo, you will get excellent image quality from an RGB SCART connection.
Retro Gaming on a modern HDMI TV or monitor
The PS3 supports HDMI out of the box. For the PS1 or 2 you could use a Composite Video to HDMI, or a SCART to HDMI Converter with this cable and a SCART TV. PS2 owners can also output to HDMI via our PlayStation 2 to HDMI Converter for impressive 720p/1080p results.
Keeping things simple
You may read all of this and think this is terribly complicated, however it's more the case that we are just trying to cover all the bases. When it comes to the early Nintendo consoles, you just need to remember these things:
- The SNES, N64 and GameCube all shared a compatible Multi-AV output port.
- Nintnedo's Multi-AV port can output Composite Video, S-Video or RGB SCART video, plus audio.
- RGB SCART or Compoent Video outputs offer the best possible video output for your Nintendo consoles, if you have a SCART TV or TV with Component Video input.
- 5 Year Cable Chick Warranty!
- 1.8m RGB SCART Cable for original Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 or GameCube Game consoles only
- Outputs RGB SCART Video + Stereo Audio for connection to most TVs
- Requirements: Compatible Nintendo Game Console + TV with an RGB SCART input
- Get the very best image from your retro Nintendo console
- Designed for the original Nintendo Consoles, not the recent 'Mini' remakes
- Length: 1.8m (Approx)
- Colour: Black
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff