Ever wanted to connect wirelessly to any speakers? Well now you can!
Adds wireless Bluetooth functionality to any regular 3.5mm speaker system or sound system, including car audio systems, portable speaker and headphones. Just like plugging in an AUX cable, but via Bluetooth!
Turn any speaker system, receiver, amplifier or even a pair of headphones into a Bluetooth audio receiver with this handy little device. It easily pairs to any Bluetooth v4.1 supporting media player (including iPhone, iPod, Android and tablets) for streaming wireless audio. The compact device then connects via its 3.5mm Stereo Audio plug for compatibility with most speakers and car AUX sockets!
This 3.5mm plug can also be extended with regular stereo extension cables for hard-to-reach AUX sockets. It has a built-in battery that charges by Micro-USB to offer up to 4 hours of use per cycle. Bluetooth can connect up to 10 metres away, giving you extra freedom in the home or office. As with all Bluetooth audio connections, audio may be subject to some interference, but our tests showed this receiver to be extremely good.
Also includes microphone functionality and can double as a hands-free kit when paired with most smartphones.
Easy setup instructions
- Connect the Bluetooth Music Receiver to a 3.5mm Audio AUX input
- Turn the Bluetooth Music Receiver on using the multi-function button
- The device will enter pairing mode (if you do not see any lights, please charge the device using the included USB Cable)
- Enable the Bluetooth function on your media playing device (eg: iPod, Smartphone or Tablet). Search the Bluetooth devices to find the Bluetooth Music Receiver, which will appear as ugreen-bluetooth.
- Connect to the device and enter the password, 0000 if prompted. You can now stream music wirelessly to your Bluetooth Music Receiver.
- 12 Month Cable Chick Replacement Warranty
- Stream music from your Bluetooth v4.1 portable device (supporting A2DP v1.2 profiles)
- Works with all Bluetooth capable Android and Apple products
- 10m Range
- USB powered (USB cable included)
- No software or drivers required
- Supports Play / Pause / Skip & Volume operations from your music player
- (Smartphone/Tablet not included)
Posted: 15th August, 2014
Will it work through a gyprock wall. No line of sight?
"It will, but this will reduce its range."
Posted: 22nd June, 2015
Does using bluetooth affect the sound quality? Ive been told blue tooth can compress the sound and make it sound flat compared to sender/ receiver type systems- is this correct?
"Back in the days of Bluetooth 1.0 and 2.0, when the technology was designed for use in mono hands-free headsets, audio quality was pretty rubbish. These days, Bluetooth does an exceptional job, even with compression, of keeping audio sounding tip-top - especially when much of our digital content is played from compressed MP3s, etc. It's still not as good as wired audio, but for non-critical applications where portability is more important than audio fidelity, it can be a workable compromise. Compared to IR wireless, it suffers less from interference, but may not sound as good (depending on the quality of the hardware involved)."
Posted: 7th Sept, 2015
I have a DVTV with 1 x 3.5mm stereo plug outlet. can I plug this into this outlet and transmit the sound to a wireless speaker 3 m away?
"Unfortunately not. This is a receiver only, and must be paired via Bluetooth to a device which pays audio. It cannot add Bluetooth to a non-Bluetooth audio source."
Posted: 9th Dec, 2015
How long does the battery last?
"This device features a rechargeable battery which can allow up to 10 hours of music playback on a full charge."
Posted: 27th Jan, 2016
What about RCA into the amp?
"A 3.5mm to 2RCA cable will get that sorted. http://www.cablechick.com.au/?search_text=AVC-C5802"
Posted: 3rd Jan, 2017
Do you have to pair every time, say every time you start the car?
"Yes. You'll need to pair this every time you hop into the car. The BT audio receiver does not have an internal rechargeable battery to keep in 'stand-by' mode. So every time you turn the car off, your phone and the BT audio receiver will unpair."
Have a question about this product?