Connect new HDMI-ready video sources to analog displays with VGA!
Converts a HDMI source device to show on a VGA display with separate stereo audio output splitting. Compatible up to 1080p@60Hz
I shed a tear the day they stopped making plasma TVs. It's taken LCD years to catch up to that image quality, and despite their weight and bulk and other drawbacks, I still have my old CRT computer monitor from the early 2000's. But getting them up and running can be a real chore, so I've decided to stock the Avencore HDMI to VGA + Audio Video Converter.
If you want a new HDMI source device to plug into an older-model TV, Monitor or Projector, then this compact little gadget is sure to impress. It runs off USB power (from a wall charger, laptop or other device) and has no fiddly settings of any kind - just plug in, switch on, and away you go.
It can handle resolutions up to 1080p@60Hz - great for video, text or gaming - and does its best to preserve the input resolution so you get only the crispest of images coming through to your VGA display. With this converter, your good old screens from yesteryear can live on to impress far into the future!
Please note: This product is not designed to work on Content-Protected sources such as AppleTV, Foxtel, Austar or other PayTV services and may not convert these signals.
- 1x HDMI (Digital Video & Audio) - Female
- 1x VGA (15 Pin DSUB) - Female
- 1x 3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack - Female
Supported HDMI Input Resolutions
- 480P @ 60Hz, 576P @ 50Hz, 720P @ 50/60Hz, 1080i @ 50/60Hz, 1080P @ 50/60Hz, 800x600 @ 60Hz, 1024x768 @ 60Hz, 1920x1080p @ 60Hz
Supported DVI-D Input Resolutions (via DVI-D to HDMI Adaptor)
- 800x600 @ 60Hz, 1024x768 @ 60Hz, 1920x1080p @ 60Hz
Supported VGA Output Resolutions
- 640x480 @ 60Hz, 720x576 @ 50Hz, 1280x720 @ 50/60Hz, 1920x1080 @ 50/60Hz, 800x600 @ 60Hz, 1024x768 @ 60Hz, 1920x1080p @ 60Hz
- HDMI to VGA Converter Box
- USB Power Cable (Type-A to Mini-B 5-Pin)
- User Manual
More features include:
Why shop with Cable Chick
- 12 Month Cable Chick Replacement Warranty!
- Converts Digital HDMI Video + Audio to Analog VGA + 3.5mm Stereo Analog Audio
- Ideal for using new equipment with older Computer Monitors, Projectors or other displays.
- Input resolution preserved for VGA output whenever possible
- Conveniently powered by USB (cable included)
- Runs from any powered USB socket (laptop/tv/etc) or USB Wall Charger
- Can be connected to 2 RCA Left & Right Audio via a 3.5mm Audio to 2RCA Stereo cable
- Will output up to 1080p resolution plus analog audio signals
- Fully compatible with HDMI version 1.3a
- Colour: Black
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Written on 6th April, 2020 by Cable Chick
Discover the easiest way to connect your laptop to one or more additional screens with our handy visual guide. [Read More
Blog Category: How To Guides Tags: VGA, How To Guides, AV Signal Converters, Multi-Displays, Adapters, Video Conversion, Tech Guides, Buying Guide, Display Devices, USB Devices, USB Type-C, Thunderbolt
Written on 3rd August, 2015 by Cable Chick
Find out what Digital Audio does in your home theatre, and discover what marketing jargon actually matters! [Read More
Written on 11th Nov, 2013 by Cable Chick
Some cables can run twenty metres. Some top out at five. In this article, we examine the limitations on a variety of common formats, and what the pitfalls are to breaking through the length limit barrier. [Read More
Written on 29th Oct, 2013 by Cable Chick
We hear the terms 'active' and 'passive' attributed to cables and equipment all the time. But what does it mean? Which one is better? Which one do you really need? We clarify the difference and explain how to choose between them. [Read More
Blog Category: Technology Guides Tags: HDMI, DisplayPort, AV Switches, AV Signal Converters, Active Devices, Passive Devices, Multi-Displays, Adapters, Full HD 1080p, Essential Reading, Video Conversion, Tech Guides, AV Splitters
Posted: 23rd Sept, 2014
Hi, do you know if this will work okay with copyright free material streamed through an Apple TV. ie I want to airplay a presentation from iPad to ATV and display through a projector?
"Apple TV content has copy protection that our converters cannot get around. If the presentation includes any sort of protected content, it won't work. Our experience with Apple TV is that it will only work with a digital link (HDMI or DVI and maybe DisplayPort)"
Posted: 24th Oct, 2016
Can you tell me the 5VDC current requirement - I am thinking of running the DC power from a USB port. Also I don't see a reference to what HDMI revision. My most usual data source would be 1600 by 900?
"This device requires 5V~1A. HDMI compliance is v1.3 specification - maximum 1080p video and stereo audio (no 3D, CEC, HDCP, Dolby 5.1, etc). We've not tested this unit at 1600x900, but 1600x1200 is fine."
Have a question about this product?