Sick of your wireless dropping out?
I can't relate in words the magniture of the sigh I gave in relief when I finally gave up on my flaky wireless internet and ran a 5m Cat6 cable over to the couch. Now I can enjoy re-runs of Whose Line and webisodes of Heroes without the fits and starts of a buffer under-run! I mean; nothing ruins a well-timed joke or tirlling suspense like a long pause!
Cat6 was the only choice for me, too. I had some Cat5 laying around, but it has suffered a beating from one or more ugly sticks and it wasn't fit to be seen by guests. So Cat6 took the chequered flag thanks to its stylish black pvc coating. What's more, I'm also getting the benefit of better signal quality; because I have to run it behind a cabinet along with some extension cords and power leads, electro magnetic interference is a concern, and it can be just as annoying as a wi-fi deadzone. Lastly, I know that when the network speeds on LANs and the internet increase, my little Cat6 cable will still be up to the task of 10gbps.
This is exactly what you need for temporary or permanent installations where you need a high quality cable you can depend on. Or, if you want a black cable, that's cool too. Since it's backwards compatible with Cat5, you're more than welcome to buy it because it looks pretty... ;-)
Premium CAT6 Cable Features:
- 5 Year Cable Chick Warranty!
- 5 meter CAT6 Ethernet Network Cable
- Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP)
- Pre-terminated with male RJ45 8P8C plugs
- Locking spring-pin for rigid connections
- Also known as: CAT6, RJ45 Cable, Ethernet Cable, LAN Cable, Network Cable
- 24AWG Standard Bare Copper (7/0.20)
- ANSI/TIA-568-C.2 Category 6 Performance
- RCM CA/AS 2008:2010 Compliant
- Telstra Network fully compliant
- Wired to the T568A standard
- For network connections via switch, router or modem
- Colour: Black
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
(9th Feb, 2015)
Product Review by Terry,
Hi Cable Chick, Why do I not think that's your real name? Anyway, my latest order was delivered the next day, which is what I've come to expect from you. The 8 socket power board is very good: very robust construction, indicator lights and plenty of space to plug in carpet carbuncles without sacrificing an outlet. The Cat6 cable is now connecting my printer to the network: no problems there.
If you keep up with the low prices and the excellent customer service, I'm just going to have to keep coming back for my cabling and associated needs.
Written on 16th Dec, 2019 by Cable Chick
Take your entertainment to the next level with our handy tips on upgrading your home theatre. From small budgets to big-ticket enhancements, we've got a tip or two for you! [Read More
Written on 17th July, 2019 by Cable Chick
Thunderbolt® is an impressive technology, but it can be hard to fully understand. Read our blog on Thunderbolt, Mini-DisplayPort, and USB-C to learn how they all work. [Read More
Written on 24th Jan, 2018 by Cable Chick
HDMI may be best known for Full HD and 4K video capabilities, but today we're going to look at some of the lesser-known features which are often used as selling points, but are frequently misunderstood. [Read More
Written on 29th March, 2016 by Cable Chick
What is USB Type-C? How does it fit in with existing versions of USB? USB Type-C and USB 3.1 Gen 2 are explained simply in our in-depth article on the latest reversible connector! [Read More
Written on 18th Nov, 2015 by Cable Chick
USB OTG (On-the-Go) is a powerful feature of many Android smartphones and tablets. Learn how to take advantage of it today! [Read More
Blog Category: Technology Guides Tags: Adapters, Memory & Storage, Tech Guides, USB, USB 3.0, Tablet Accessories, Ethernet Adapters, Gaming, Smartphones, USB Cables, USB Devices, USB Type-C
Written on 16th Nov, 2015 by Cable Chick
Colour code your home and office networks with our new rainbow range of Category 6 cables and travel to the future with CAT6A! [Read More