Extend your 1080p HDMI signals up to 60m without it costing the earth!
Supporting 1080p video and Dolby Digital Audio PLUS IR extension for remote controls up to 60m with a single CAT6 cable, this HDMI Extender represents outstanding value for money!
Comprising of a sender module (with an included 5V power supply) which sends the HDMI data over 1 x RJ45 cable, and a receiver module, you simply need one CAT6 cable of your desired length to extend your signal. Each sender/receiver unit has a female HDMI Socket, making them compatible with any of our HDMI Cable range.
So whether you're trying to run HDMI signals to another room in your house, or just to a projector or TV far away, finally a cost effective solution is at hand! Packaged in a tidy retail box with included power supply, sender & receiver dongles, IR cables and instruction manual, this HDMI Over CAT6 Balun is compatible with any HDMI enabled device*.
HDMI Extender Features
- Compatible with HDTV resolutions 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i & 1080p
- Fully HDCP compliant
- Plug and play, for easy installation
- Metal shielded sender & receiver screen EMI (electro-magnetic interference) RFI (radio interference) effectively
- Power adaptor for sender unit supplied**
Note: This device requires direct connection. It will not work via network switches/routers/etc
||Standard HDMI cables
|Standard CAT6 cables
|Video amplifier bandwidth
|Product size (sender or receiver)
||(L) 80 x (W) 450 x (H) 28mm
- 1 x Sender Module (requires included power adaptor)
- 1 x Receiver Module
- 1 x Power Adaptor: 100-240Va.c., 50/60Hz to 5V, 1.0A
- 1 x 1m IR Transmitter to 3.5mm Jack
- 1 x 1m IR Receiver to 3.5mm Jack
- *Please note: this device may not be compatible with Foxtel / AppleTV / Austar devices.
- Tech tip: Coiled CAT Cable causes crosstalk. If you're seeing visual artifacts or flickering when running with long cables, try running them out as any coils can introduce interference.
Cable Chick Tip: This package does not ship with video or Ethernet cables. If you need some, we offer HDMI and CAT5e / CAT6 Cables right here at Cable Chick. Check 'em out!
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 18th May, 2015
Can you have joins in the 5e or 6 cat cable using rj45 connectors?
"Yes. So long as the total distance is within the limits of the resolution you need to carry, and the RJ45 couplers are good quality, it will be no problem to join cables together. You can even mix and match Cat5 and Cat6 on the same line so long as they are wired to the same standard. (T-568A vs T-568B)"
Posted: 25th June, 2015
I need minimum hdmi 1.4. Using this extender and hdmi 1.4 cables at either will I still meet hdmi 1.4 requirements. What about I when eventually needing hdmi 2.?
"Unfortunately HDMI extenders of this nature are generally one-way, with video and audio being delivered to the TV, and only EDID / HDCP information communicating both ways. That means HDMI v1.4 features such as CEC and Ethernet are not supported, but features such as deep colour, surround sound and 3D usually are. It depends on which HDMI v1.4 features you need as to whether a unit of this type will be suitable. HDMI 2.0 has an emphasis on 4K, which requires far more bandwidth than a basic unit like this can manage so in the future only HDMI 2.0 certified extenders will work for that content."
Posted: 17th Sept, 2015
Can these extenders send a signal over a network (i.e. via a router)?
"No. These extenders are not Ethernet based, and require dedicated CAT cables.
Please see the following product for Ethernet-based HDMI extension coming from a Windows PC: http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/pc-to-1080p-hdmi-vga-35mm-audio-over-lan-converter.html"
Have a question about this product?