Specs that matter!
This why I'm very excited by Avencore's latest Pro Audio cabling range. They seem to have made a cable that is everything a professional cable should be but without the inflated price (and the snake oil).
Avencore Platinum Series XLR to 6.5mm cables deliver the best possible audio signals in a superbly designed product. Great for long runs with crystal clear signal!
Let's have a peak at Avencore's 7.5m Pro Audio Cable offering here and see what we get...
We'll start at the ver middle of this cable. In it you'll find a 24 AWG carrier, with 20 strands of 0.12mm Oxygen Free Copper (OFC). Surrounding this are five layers of materials:
- PE Isolation: A layer of Polyethylene (PE) goes around the carrier to isolate it from exteral interference. PE Isolation also mitigates the Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) produced by current going through the carrier from leaking out. Although not a perfect insulator, PE is better than the cheaper PVC isolation found on a lot of cables and is more than enough to deal with the low voltages used in microphone cables.
- Conductive PVC: Next is a layer of Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) modified to be conductive. Rather than isolating the EMI coming from the carrier (which is what the PE Isolation does), Conductive PVC, instead, insulates the carrier from outside EMI.
- Cotton Filler: Helps make the cable more round, helps prevent static discharge from inside the cable and absorbs some of the impact from being crushed by various things (chairs, trolleys, stage gear, humans of any kind, etc.).
- TCWB Shield: This is the main shield for the cable and also serves double duty as the grounding connection. Tinned Copper Wire Braid (TCWB) shielding is the best shielding a pro audio cable can have. When the copper is tinned its lifetime is extended. A braided shield has a higher percentage of coverage than a spiral shield while being much more forgiving to being bent than a foil shield.
- Outer PVC Jacket: Vastly boring, absorbs impacts, holds everthing together and helps take the strain off the internal components.
On each end we have some very well made connectors. All Avencore XLR cables feature high quality Yongsheng connectors for extended long term reliability and signal quality. Genuine Yongsheng connectors have superior contact points, higher quality internals and tighter tolerances when compared to inferior products and counterfeits. The pins on all Avencore XLR connectors (male and female) are gold plated for long term, high quality conductivity.
Avencore Platinum Series 7.5m XLR Cable Specs:
- Avencore 5 Year Warranty
- Well made and thought out, reliable, professional level cables
- Genuine high quality Yongsheng XLR connectors with gold plated pins
- Silver barrelled 6.5mm Jacks with gold plated tips
- 24 Gauge OFC Carriers (20 x 0.12mm strands per carrier)
- PE Isolation
- Conductive PVC insulation
- Tin Annelled Copper Wire Braided Shield (TAC)
- XLR Connector Wiring:
Pin 1, Ground (wired to shield)
Pin 2, Positive (red)
Pin 3, Ground (wired to shield)
- Comes with a reusable soft cable tie to help with storage
- Black cable with black connectors for inconspicuous useWhy shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff