Enjoy super fast wireless coverage with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands working together on any wireless network!
You've really got the best of both worlds here, with compatibility on older 2.4GHz WiFi networks for speeds up to 300Mbps, and 5GHz networks offering an incredible 867Mbps!! Plus if you have a dual-band wifi modem or router, the little adapter can utilise both bandwidths for data speeds up to 1200Mbps! Amazing!! :-)
Add, or upgrade the wireless network performance of your laptop or desktop computer, with a simply USB device upgrade. A wide range of OS's are supported, with all the basics covered from Windows XP to Win 10, Mac OSX 10.4+ and even Linux.
This compact dongle comes with a 5dBi external high gain antenna, to improve WiFi range and performance. We experienced very good reception with the antenna inctalled.
- 12 Month Cable Chick Warranty
- Wireless Protocol Support: IEEE 802.11ac, Backward Compatible with 802.11b/g/n
- USB 2.0 and 3.0 Socket Compatible
- Security: WEP 64/128-bit, WPA, WPA2, 802.1x
- Antenna Type: Sigle 5dBi Detachable High Gain Antenna
- Antenna Configuration: 2 Transmitter/2 Receiver (2x2:2)
- Supported Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Mac OS 10.4-10.11 & Linux
- Up to 100m indoor range (line of sight)
- Packaging Includes USB WiFi Adapter, High Gain Antenna, Driver CD
- Access home LAN and Internet wirelessly anywhere WiFi Networks are available
- Windows Drivers Download (72mb): realtek-wlan-driver.zip
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 26th May, 2015
Is this 2.4 or 5 GHz?
"This is a 2.4GHz model."
Posted: 2nd June, 2015
Does this connect to home wifi?
"Yes. This enables a PC or Laptop to access your home's Wi-Fi network, or any available wifi network within range, such as those offered free in shopping centres or hotels, etc.
If your computer doesn't have a Wireless network adapter built-in, this adds one via USB, and takes up as little room as possible for easy portability. It offers all the same abilities for network connection as a full-sized or motherboard-based wireless adapter."
Posted: 23rd July, 2015
Can I use this to make my WDTV wireless?
"Unfortunately this device only works on computers running Windows, OSX or supported Linux distributions. The WDTV can only understand storage devices through its USB socket. Current WDTV models include Wireless-N hardware."
Posted: 3rd Sept, 2015
Which (major) Linux distributions does this support? Mint, Ubuntu, Elementary? Is it plug and play in Linux?
"This device requires a PC-Based Linux platform (i386), and the software supports Linux kernel versions from 2.6.18 ~ 2.6.38. Other major Linux distributions may also support the drivers on a case by case basis. Documentation is included to cover Linux installation procedures. It may not be plug and play on all Linux builds."
Posted: 21st June, 2016
Good morning I was wondering if this is the correct dongle for an imac G5?
"As long as your iMac is running OSX or better, then it should have the necessary drivers to operate the dongle."
Posted: 18th July, 2016
Can I use this on windows 10 OS?
"Yes, this device successfully installed and operated on our Windows 10 test-bench PC using standard Windows drivers (no driver disc required). It was surfing the web in no time."
Posted: 4th Jan, 2021
I have a custom-built PC running the latest version of Windows 10. My previous USB wifi adapter mysteriously stopped working a couple of months ago. Would your Dual-band Wireless-AC1200 USB WiFi Adapter work for me, and if it doesn't, will I be able to return it?
Also, the computer doesn't have a CD drive. Is there any other way for me to install the necessary drivers?
"Absolutely. Windows 10 is very clever and will have generic drivers available as soon as you plug the Dongle in, or it will download compatible drivers if you're connected to the internet. If it doesn't happen automatically, you can run Windows Update manually with the dongle plugged in to force a check. You won't need a CD drive."
Have a question about this product?