Featuring a massive 40W of charging power across 5 Smart-Charging sockets - charge up to five times faster!
A premium desktop USB charger with a massive 40W / 8A power output, and 5 Charging outputs rated up to 2.4A each, all featuring smart-charging device detection.
This is the USB charger to replace all other chargers! Ever wondered why your smartphone or tablet charges faster from some adapters and slower on others? It's because most basic USB chargers and hubs have to share only 1 or 2 Amps, which means tablets and large smartphones are forced to trickle-charge. Not so with the Avalanche series USB Charging Hub from Avencore! It can handle 8 Amps of charging at once - up to four times the amount handled by even the best single-socket adapters!
This extra charging ability is shared among five USB sockets, each capable of delivering up to 2.4 Amps. The Smart-charging feature inside can detect and provide the fastest charging rate for each connected device, so even with a variety of phones, tablets, Mp3 players, cameras and GPS devices attached at once, they can all go at their fastest rate.
Almost any combination of devices can be accommodated provided the total required draw is under 8 Amps. That means three tablets and one standard smartphone, or one tablet and four smartphones, etc. A perfect way to consolidate multiple charging adapters into a single location while ensuring all devices fill up at their top speed!
Which USB Charger is right for me?
We've made choosing the right USB charger for your needs easier. With high power-draw devices like iPads and other tablets now requiring 2.1Amps of power, the below reference will help you to select the best products for your required usage:
Finally, to maximise the charging speed from your USB charger, be sure to use a high-grade, thick gauge USB cable like our Avencore Micro USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Cable or our 1m USB 3.1 Type-C Cable.
With 40 Watts of power handling at your disposal, you'll be able to charge multiple high-draw devices at once without being penalised. The five Smart-Charging ports are designed for all charging requirements, including high demand devices like tablets, iPads and more. Also compatible with basic devices like personal media players, Go Pro cameras and power banks.
- Charge multiple high-draw devices from a single Australian power plug
- Designed & compatible with USB chargable products including Apple, Android & Windows phones & tablets
- 5 USB outlets for charging USB devices with Smart-Charging technology
- Engineered for safety with fail-safes and voltage regulators to guard against shorts & surges
- Compatible with Apple MFI Certified charging cables
- Premium compact desktop design
- 40 Watts of total power output
- Voltage Rating: 100-240V 1.1A 50-60Hz input
- Output Voltage: 5V / 8A (total)
- Output Current: 8A max
- 2-Year Avencore Replacement Warranty!
- Suitable for devices with a <= 8A draw, including new iPads that require 2.1A to charge
- Charge multiple devices at once
- Suitable for home or office
- Package includes; Avencore 40W 5-Port USB charger, Australian power cable & operation manual
- Pictured phones and other devices shown for illustrative purposes and are not included
- Works with all devices that charge or take power from USB
- Not compatible with Playstation Controllers
- Colour: Black
Posted: 9th Feb, 2015
Can this device work in other countries without power conversion? (ie with an adapter use it in the UK/USA/Paris/Italy etc...)?
"Yes. So long as you have the plug adapter to suit, we know for a fact these work just as well on 240v/50Hz power as they do on 110v/60Hz. All you need us a travel adapter! http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/worldwide-travel-sized-mains-power-socket-adapter.html"
Posted: 21st July, 2015
If I plug in only one device to this charger, and that device needs only 1 amp to charge it, will it be supplied with only 1 amp?
"Yes. Due to the Smart-charging design of the product and the behaviour of electricity in general, it is absolutely safe to charge 1-Amp devices, even though the charger has the capacity to supply up to 2.4 Amps on a single socket."
Posted: 23rd July, 2015
What's in the box? How does it cconect to the wall outlet?
"It connects via an Australian Mains plug to IEC C7 cable which is included in the box."
Posted: 11th August, 2015
How much does the Avencore Avalanche 40W Premium 5-Port USB Charger weigh?
"280g including power chord"
Posted: 23rd Sept, 2015
Does this product use a big power brick to attach to the wall?
"No. The power transforming happens inside the unit itself, so the IEC cable to the wall is a straight-run C7 to Australian Plug."
Posted: 6th Jan, 2016
Can you tell me how long the 240 lead is please?
"The 240v Cable lengths is roughly 1.5 metres."
Posted: 28th August, 2017
What are dimensions of the unit?
"The dimensions of the charger are 85mm x 80mm x 30mm."
Have a question about this product?