Finally a HDMI output cable for Apple devices with a Lightning socket!
With this 2m Apple Lightning to HDMI Cable, you can plug your Apple iPhone 5 and above or iPad Air and above directly into any screen with an HDMI port and watch movies, play games or do presentations on the big screen. Best of all, the added USB connection means you can keep your device charged at the same time! It works by directly mirroring your display so you may notice a small delay from what you do on your iDevice to what appears on your TV or computer monitor. Requires iOS 8+. Please note this product is not compatible with Netflix, Foxtel Go, ABC iVew, and iTunes.
This handy 2 metre cable will support any iPhone, iPad or iPod that runs iOS 8 or higher. It comes with a built in USB cable that is required to power the cable (simply plug into any USB port or USB charger). The built in USB cable will also help charge your device so you don't lose power while using it.
Compatible with the following Apple products:
- Apple iPod Touch (5th Generation)
- All Apple iPhone's from 5 to 8 and X
- All Apple iPad's from the Air to Mini to Pro
- Supports from iOS 8 and above
Please note: When you first connect your iPhone, iPod or iPad to this cable you'll be asked if you trust this device and may be asked for your pass code to confirm. This is a normal security feature of you iDevice and your pass code won't (and can't) be used by the cable in any way. You may also on rare ocassions be told by your iDevice that the cable may not be supported, simply dismiss this notification as it's irrelevant. After the first time setting up the cable you shouldn't need to do it again.
Depending on your TV or monitor you may need to wait 5-10 seconds for the devices to handshake and display a picture. In our own tests the handshake only took a second or so but please bear this in mind if you don't immediately get a picture. As always, my amazing and knowledgable staff are on hand, if you have any problems at all please don't hesitate to contact us!
- Cable Chick's 5 Year Warranty!
- 2m Apple Lightning to HDMI Cable for Audio & Video output
- 1m USB cable for power (required)
- Can be powered by a USB Wall Charger, or USB Socket on your TV or Laptop
- Supports up to 1080p Video at 30 hz and 8 Channel Audio
- Some older devices may only output up to 720p resolutions, check the specs of your device for more info
- This is a 3rd party Apple accessory.
- Colour: Black Cable with Grey Connectors
- Compatible with iOS8 and above
- NOT compatible with Netflix, Foxtel Go, ABC iView, and iTunes.
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 15th March, 2018
The product description states its not compatible with Netflix. Can you please confirm this is correct?
"The product is not compatible with Netflix and confirmed through our own in-house testing."
Posted: 30th June, 2018
2m Apple Lightning Connector to HDMI Cable with Device Charging
Will this cable work with an AFL watch live from iPad or iPhone.
The watch live is available free through Telstra for Telstra customers but the broadcast won’t go through Chromecast?
"Taken from the AFL Live App iOS FAQs:
Section 4: AFL Official App FAQ
Can I output the live stream from the AFL Live Official to my TV via a TV dongle/smart stick or direct cable connection (eg: HDMI)?
Under our digital rights agreement with the Australian Football League, broadcasts are restricted to the screen devices upon which they are sold (ie: iOS smartphones and iOS tablets) and 7" screen size."
Posted: 16th June, 2020
Hi. There is no mention of Apple TV, either for or against. Do you know if it works with Apple TV? Thanks?
"I'm afraid we haven't received any compatibility notes regarding Apple TV however as it is also a streaming service that features copyright protected materials it will also likely be affected by the same issues as per Netflix and Stan."
Have a question about this product?