Extend your 1080p HDMI Signals up to 25m using dual Cat5 or Cat6 cables
Supporting 1080p Video and Dolby Digital Audio up to 25m when using quality CAT6 cables (20m with CAT5e), this passive HDMI Extender offers a flexible way to wire up HDMI connections over existing Ethernet wiring without using bulky HDMI cables!
One transmitter module plugs directly into the HDMI source device, such as a Blu-ray player, PC or games console, then 2 x Cat6 cables run to the receiver unit, which plugs straight into the HDMI display - such as a TV, Monitor or Projector). Both network cables are required, and must be connected directly (they can't go through a network switch or patch panel).
Benefits over a single HDMI cable include the ability to work with existing network cables, and the abillity to run networks cables through smaller spaces or conduit that long HDMI cables can't fit into. This passive extender can't go as far as our top of the line model, but gains flexibility of installation by not needing a 240v supply.
HDMI Extender Features
- Compatible with HDTV resolutions 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i & 1080p
- Fully HDCP compliant
- Plug and play, for easy installation
- Fully tested using our high quality Cat6 cables (sold separately) - lower quality network cables limit the maximum run length.
HDMI Cable Extension Range
Extends the HDMI signal length as follows
- Up to 1080p with CAT6 Cables to distances of 25m
- Up to 1080i with CAT6 Cables to distances of 30m
- Up to 1080p with CAT5e Cables to distances of 20m
- Up to 1080i with CAT5e Cables to distances of 25m
Note: This device requires direct connection. It will not work via network switches/routers/etc
- Supports 1.65Gbps per channel (4.95Gbps total) bandwidth
- Supports 8bit per channel (24bit total) deep colour
- Supports all HDMI audio formats including LPCM, DTS-HD and Dolby True HD
- Can support 3D signals over reduced distances
- Can support DVI-D source/screen using DVI adapter(s) not included.
- 1 x Sender Module
- 1 x Receiver Module
- 1 x User Guide
- *Please note: this device may not be compatible with Foxtel / AppleTV / Austar devices.
- Tech tip: Coiled CAT Cables Cause Crosstalk. If you're seeing visual artefacts or flickering when using long cables, try running them out as any coils can introduce interference.
Cable Chick Tip: This package does not ship with Ethernet cables. If you need some, we offer CAT5e / CAT6 Cables right here at Cable Chick. Check 'em out!