Our most compact Mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter is the perfect solution for Mini-DisplayPort or Thunderbolt video and audio links to HDMI!
Converts from a Mini-DisplayPort (DP++) source device to a HDMI female socket, for connection to a HDMI Monitor, TV or Projector (one way only). Supports Thunderbolt source devices.
HDMI signals up to 1080p Full HD are supported from almost all modern Mini-DisplayPort source devices, including Laptops, Personal Computers and even Thunderbolt-ready Macbooks and other Apple computers. DisplayPort does all the work with the DP++ 'Dual Mode' hardware, leaving this passive adapter to simply change the socket types for you. That makes it compact, portable and easy to use.
Check your manual or look for the D++ logo on your source device to make sure your equipment has the ability to give you HDMI compliance. If so, it's as simple as plugging it in and letting 'er rip! Both video and audio are supported - don't forget to check our blog on how to enable digital audio on your computer.
- 5 Year Replacement Warranty
- Mini-DisplayPort (Male) to HDMI (Female) Adapter
- Supports Full HD 1080p/60Hz Video + Audio
- Uni-directional, the DisplayPort must be the source device, not the display device!
- Mini-DisplayPort D++ or Thunderbolt source to HDMI screen
- Perfect for converting a Mini Display Port Device for use with a HDMI TV, Monitor or Projector
- Gold Plated Connectors for optimal signal quality
- Full Support for DPCP & HDCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- Mini-DisplayPort Output device with the ability to convert HDMI is required (look for the DP++ icon)
- Colour: White with Gold Connectors
DisplayPort Compatibility Note
DisplayPort (DP) adapters require a DP output which is DP++ (Dual Mode) compatible. When a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter is connected to a DP++ (Dual-Mode) output, the output device senses the presence of the adaptor and performs an active signal conversion from DisplayPort to HDMI. This adaptor is not bi-directional, and does not convert HDMI to DisplayPort.Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 14th Jan, 2015
Does this product give sound over HDMI also?
"Yes. So long as your hardware supports audio over DisplayPort (and most does these days) then this cable will provide audio over HDMI. Some computer systems may need their relevant Digital Audio Output set as the active default for this functionality."
Posted: 8th Sept, 2015
Just double checking- you mention surface pro 2 under win 8, does it work with a surface pro 3? (Im using win10 but I assume that's irrelevant)?
"Yes. This adapter is compatible with all modern Mini-DisplayPort sockets on all the latest Surface and Surface Pro tablets."
Have a question about this product?