Extend your 1080p HDMI Signals up to 40m without it costing the earth!
Supporting 1080p Video and Dolby Digital Audio up to 40m with CAT6 cables (30m with CAT5e), this HDMI Extender represents outstanding value for money!
Comprising of a Sender Module which send the HDMI data over 2 x RJ45 cables, and a Receiver Module (with an included 5v power supply), you simply need two CAT5e / CAT6 cables of your desired length to extend your signal. Each Sender/Receiver unit has a Female HDMI Socket, making them compatible with any of our HDMI Cable range.
So whether you're trying to run HDMI signals to another room in your house, or just to a Projector or TV far away, finally a cost effective solution is at hand! Packaged in a tidy retail box with included power supply, Sender/Receiver and Instruction Manual, this HDMI Over CAT5 Balun is compatible with any HDMI enabled device*.
HDMI Extender Features
- Compatible with HDTV resolutions 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i & 1080p
- Fully HDCP compliant
- Supports 3D TV Signals (shorter Cat cables may be needed for 3D compatibility)
- Plug and play, for easy installation
- Metal shielded Sender & Receiver screen EMI (Electro-magnetic interference)/RFI (Radio interference) effectively
- Power adaptor for Receiver unit supplied**
HDMI Cable Extension Range
Extend the HDMI or DVI-D (with DVI Adaptor) signal length as follows
- Up to 1080p with CAT6 Cables to distances of 40m
- Up to 1080i with CAT6 Cables to distances of 60m
- Up to 1080p with CAT5e Cables to distances of 30m
- Up to 1080i with CAT5e Cables to distances of 50m
Note: This device required direct connection. It will not work via network switches/routers/etc
||Standard HDMI cables
|Standard CAT5e / CAT6 cables
|Video amplifier bandwidth
|Product size (sender or receiver)
||(L) 70.2 x (W) 40.8 x (H) 23.0mm
- 1 x Sender Module
- 1 x Receiver Module (requires included Power Adaptor)
- 1 x Power Adaptor: 100-240Va.c., 50/60Hz to 5V, 1.0A
- *Please note: this device may not be compatible with Foxtel / AppleTV / Austar devices.
- Tech tip: Coiled CAT Cable Causes Crosstalk. If you're seeing visual artefacts or flickering when running with long cables, try running them out as any coils can introduce interference.
Cable Chick Tip: This package does not ship with video or Ethernet cables. If you need some, we offer HDMI and CAT5e / CAT6 Cables right here at Cable Chick. Check 'em out!
Posted: 18th May, 2015
Can you have joins in the 5e or 6 cat cable using rj45 connectors?
"Yes. So long as the total distance is within the limits of the resolution you need to carry, and the RJ45 couplers are good quality, it will be no problem to join cables together. You can even mix and match Cat5 and Cat6 on the same line so long as they are wired to the same standard. (T-568A vs T-568B)"
Posted: 25th June, 2015
I need minimum hdmi 1.4. Using this extender and hdmi 1.4 cables at either will I still meet hdmi 1.4 requirements. What about I when eventually needing hdmi 2.?
"Unfortunately HDMI extenders of this nature are generally one-way, with video and audio being delivered to the TV, and only EDID / HDCP information communicating both ways. That means HDMI v1.4 features such as CEC and Ethernet are not supported, but features such as deep colour, surround sound and 3D usually are. It depends on which HDMI v1.4 features you need as to whether a unit of this type will be suitable. HDMI 2.0 has an emphasis on 4K, which requires far more bandwidth than a basic unit like this can manage so in the future only HDMI 2.0 certified extenders will work for that content."
Posted: 17th Sept, 2015
Can these extenders send a signal over a network (i.e. via a router)?
"No. These extenders are not Ethernet based, and require dedicated CAT cables.
Please see the following product for Ethernet-based HDMI extension coming from a Windows PC: http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/pc-to-1080p-hdmi-vga-35mm-audio-over-lan-converter.html"
Have a question about this product?