Total system versatility!
Simultaneously switch and/or split up to four TOSLINK Digital Optical Audio signals between two compatible receivers or sound systems. Signals are boosted to support long cable lengths on both sides of the device.
If you need the best in audio quality, the best way to do it is with an optical TOSLINK cable. But many entry-level and consumer-grade amplifiers / home theatre systems only have a single input to utilise - and you might have more than one source device! Well, don't go tearing your hair out, because a solution is at hand.
This Toslink optical True Matrix switch is fully powered, sporting no less than four inputs which can be sent to either of two outputs simultaneously. This is great for two reasons: One; with a powered device you can be assured of full signal strength at all times for longer cable runs. And two; having two outputs gives you the freedom to hook up an Amplifier and Headphones and never worry about swapping cables again. As a True Matrix, it offers full switching and splitting; capable of routing any of the four inputs to either or both of the outputs at the same time!
Make no mistake; this is an elite unit for elite power users who need absolute optical flexibility.
Inputs and Outputs include:
- 4 x TOSLINK Optical Inputs
- 2 x TOSLINK Optical Output
- Supports all audio formats up to 16Mbps (max baud rate)
- Peak Wavelength: 650nm
- Output cable distance: Up to 40m (when using optical cable with less than 0.2Db/m loss)
- Dimensions: 68(L) x 128(W) x 34(H) mm
- Weight: 200g
This elite device features:
- Cable Chick 12 Month Warranty!
- Switch between up to 4 inputs, using up to 2 at once
- Split any input to both outputs simultaneously
- Fully powered with signal repeating chipset
- Push-Button and Remote-Control switching
- Full 7.1 Channel Audio Support
- Works with TOSLINK / Optical SPDIF
- Works with Mini-Toslink via adapters (not included)
- Colour: Black metal casing
Posted: 5th Feb, 2015
I have two aplifiers that I want to connect 5 sets of speakers around the house. Is this box 4x2 Fibre Optic TOSLINK True Matrix Switch with Remote
suitable for this?
Currently I have 1 amplifier connected to the speakers via a standard A, B, C switch box?
"Yes. The matrix would be able to connect up to four media players (source devices) and send their audio to both of the amps in practically any configuration. It would then be up to the Amps themselves to send audio data to each set of speakers/zone."
Posted: 4th March, 2015
Does it support mpeg audio from Foxtel IQ2?
"Yes. It supports all standard optical audio formats. The codec of the original source is not a determining factor in optical audio format."
Posted: 4th March, 2015
Does this have an ir remote for switching or is it only manual??
"Yes. It has both Push-Button and Remote-Control switching."
Have a question about this product?