40m! Forty meters... Over a... Single... HDMI... Cable... at... 4K/30Hz!
It's not every day a HDMI cable will get me into full Captain Kirk mode, but this is some sci-fi witchcraft right here!
Rated as a High Speed Cable, this boosted HDMI cable is capable of handling up to 4K (2160p@30Hz) video plus audio over it's huge 40m length!
For years I've been chasing a reliable HDMI cable longer than 20m. We'd get samples in from suppliers who promised that their 25m and 30m HDMI cables were fantastic and different to the rest but we were always left disappointed when they arrived and didn't pass our tests. This cable, however, has supassed all our expectations of HDMI.
4K Ultra HD over 40 Metres? Pfft. That's child's play for this amazing cable.
1080p at 60 frames a second is also no problem, even if its coming out of a low power laptop running on battery? The cable didn't even break a sweat. No weird colors or sparkling pixels here! You also get the obligatory CEC, Deep Colour and Multi-channel audio support, but because this cable is directional, we don't recommend it for Ethernet or ARC applications.
It's all thanks the the little box located along the cable. It may contain concentrated Hi-Def pixie-dust, but it's more likely to have a HDMI booster chip inside. It takes the 5v signal present in all HDMI signals and uses it to 'reset' the TMDS channels so it can run longer distances without freaking out. You simply can't run an HDMI cable 40m without one.
HDMI Cable Features & Specifications:
- 5 Year Warranty by Cable Chick!!!
- This is a 40m Directional HDMI Cable, with an integrated signal booster chipset
- High performance High-Speed HDMI
- Supports HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) for consumer product Compatibility
- Suits resolutions including 480p, 480i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 2160p (4K) at 30Hz
- Ferrite bead shielded for optimal EMI and RFI screening protection
- Shipped within One Business Day!!!
- May or may not include Hi-Def pixie-dust
- Colour: Black
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 24th August, 2015
Does this work with a HDMI splitter?
"Under certain conditions, yes. We would recommend a boosted cable of this length to be connected to the output socket(s) of a powered HDMI splitter (as opposed to the input side coming from a source device). Passive splitters would not be suitable on either end."
Posted: 16th Nov, 2015
If I have to convert from a display port dongle to the 40m boosted hdmi cable, will there be any issues?
"I can't foresee you having any issues with a 40m HDMI Cable w/ integrated signal booster connected to a DisplayPort to HDMI Converter Cable. However please note, we haven't tested our 40m HDMI cable in this particular scenario so unfortunately we aren't able to guarantee results."
Have a question about this product?