Compatible with MacBooks and the latest Windows 8 Slate Tablets which feature Mini DisplayPort or Apple Thunderbolt connectivity!
A multi-function Mini-DisplayPort adapter cable which can adapt a Mini-DP or Apple Thunderbolt socket to connect to a VGA or HDMI Display (one at a time).
Mini-DisplayPort and Thunderbolt sockets are becoming ubiquitous on modern laptops, tablets and PCs, but not all monitors, projectors and TVs share the same love affair with DisplayPort, often offering only HDMI, or the older VGA standard. In the past, connecting Mini-DisplayPort devices to VGA or HDMI displays required a separate cable for each occasion, but with this handy travel-sized adapter, you can plug in just about any standard display using the cable it already has.
Choose between either HDMI or VGA (this is not a splitter or MST hub) and connect a single display to any DisplayPort-compatible Thunderbolt socket, or a standard Mini-DisplayPort socket on any PC or Mac based device and enjoy immediate conversion to HDMI or VGA. Just plug in any regular HDMI or VGA cable (like the one already attached to your display) and it'll be good to go for resolutions up to 1920x1080 Full HD.
Just check that your Mini-DisplayPort source has support for HDMI and VGA compatible video output - read your device manual or look for the D++ symbol to know if your source is compatible with this type of adapter cable. This adapter is not bi-directional, and does not convert HDMI/VGA devices to work on Mini-DisplayPort screens.
Check out these cool features
- Connects your high definition monitor, projector, or LCD that uses DVI or VGA to a MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air with a mini DisplayPort
- Compatible with Apple: iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13 inch, MacBook Pro 15 inch, MacBook Pro 17 inch with Mini DisplayPort output
- Also compatible with PCs with D++ Mini-DisplayPort outputs from Intel, ATI and nVIDIA.
- Plug and Play. The best way to connect HD monitors, HDTVs, projectors, or other display devices to your computer or tablet.
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- Designed for connecting a Mini Display Port Device for use with a HDMI or VGA enabled TV, projector or monitor.
- Fully Compatible with Apple Thunderbolt sockets for audio/video transmission (no file data support)
- Compatible with all Mini-DisplayPort DP++ equipred devices, including Macbook Pro & Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Windows 8 Tablet
- Nickle Silver Plated Connectors for optimal signal quality
- Supports DVI & HDMI signals such as 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i & 1080p
- Supports DisplayPort resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
- Powered from mini DisplayPort source
- Full Support for HDCP ver. 1.2 and DPCP (Display Port Content Protection) over compatible connections
- Mini DisplayPort device with the ability to convert HDMI or VGA is required
- Only One Output may be used at any time
- Colour: White & Silver
- Different devices and product models may feature different connectors. Please check your device has a Mini DisplayPort Compatible Output before ordering this product
DisplayPort Compatibility Note
DisplayPort (DP) adapters are not bi-directional, and require a DP output which is DP++ (Dual Mode) compatible. When a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter is connected to a DP++ (Dual-Mode) output, the output device senses the presence of the adaptor/cable and sends HDMI signals over the DisplayPort connector rather than DisplayPort signals. No signal conversion is performed by the adapter. HDMI signals are merely passed through.
Please note: Whilst the Adaptor can output to HDMI Audio support is dependant on the capability of the source Mini-DisplayPort device.
Posted: 28th Oct, 2015
I have a 2015 iMac.
The Thunderbolt plug end of my Thunderbolt to Firewire 800 adapter
that I use with this computer measures 7 x 4 mm.
What are the measurements of Thunderbolt plug end of this adapter?
"Thunderbolt and Mini-DisplayPort share the same connector type, which measures 7.5mm x 4.5mm. You can see pictures of the Male plug and Female socket in our connector chart: http://www.cablechick.com.au/content/cable-connector-chart/#dp
This adapter has a standard Thunderbolt-compatible Mini-DisplayPort plug."
Posted: 17th Oct, 2016
Does this connector actually suit a 2009 white unibody Macbook a1181 model ?
I need a HDMI converter to output from my macbook.
"No. The White-09 spec Macbook is more likely to sport a Mini-DVI socket than the newer Mini-DisplayPort/Thunderbolt socket. You can match the port on your laptop with our connector chart here: http://www.cablechick.com.au/content/cable-connector-chart/#dvi , and I'm fairly sure you'll need the following adapter: http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/mini-dvi-male-to-hdmi-female-adaptor.html"
Have a question about this product?