Bridge the gap between DisplayPort and HDMI with this handy 1m cable!
Connects from a Mini-DisplayPort or Thunderbolt video output device to a screen or projector with a HDMI input.
Does your new notebook, laptop, MacBook/iMac, tablet or PC come with a Mini-DisplayPort or Thunderbolt socket? Connecting these devices to your HDMI-equipped big-screen TV or computer monitor couldn't be easier with our amazing range of Mini-DP to HDMI cables. This 1 metre lead offers a direct digital connection between Mini-Displayport and Thunderbolt video outputs for connection to your existing displays.
This Passive cable relies on Dual-Mode D++ DisplayPort output, so please check tour hardware manual for information on proper compatibility. This cable also supports audio and Full HD video up to 1920x1080, provided your source device also provides for them.
THis plug-and-play cable requires no additional power to run, and is great for use as a spare cable for travel, or a replacement for your genuine original.
Please note this passive cable requires compatible DisplayPort/HDMI equipment, so be sure to check for the D++ symbol on your source device and read the manual to check you're getting sound output if you're expecting a complete HDMI conversion. This cable is not bi-directional, and does not convert HDMI to DisplayPort.
Why shop with Cable Chick
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- Uni-directional, the DisplayPort must be the source device, not the display device!
- 1m Male Mini-DisplayPort Connector (version 1.1a) to Male HDMI Type A version 1.3 connector
- Perfect for converting a Mini Display Port Device for use with a HDMI HD TV Screen or Projector
- Fully Compatible with Apple Thunderbolt sockets for AV Transmission (Data transfer requires an Apple Thunderbolt cable)
- Compatible with all Mini-DisplayPort DP++ equipred devices, including Macbook Pro & Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Windows 8 Tablet
- Gold Plated Connectors for optimal signal transfer
- Supports HDMI signals such as 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p,
- 7.1 HD audio formats such True HD and DTS HD are fully supported
- 10.8 Gbps Data tranfer rate
- Full Support for HDCP ver. 1.2 and DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- D++ Mini-DisplayPort device with the ability to output HDMI is required
- Colour: White with Gold Connectors
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
Posted: 20th April, 2015
Will this work with Apple iPhone 5??
"No. iOS devices like the iPhone have a Lightning connector, which is different from Thunderbolt. This cable is only suitable for Mac products which feature Mini-Displayport (Thunderbolt) sockets."
Posted: 8th May, 2018
Hi! May I know the width of the cases of both ends? Thank you so much!?
"The widest point of the HDMI connector is roughly 23mm while the widest point of the Mini DisplayPort connector is roughly 12mm."
Have a question about this product?