Easily connect your Mini-DisplayPort / Thunderbolt equipped MacBook Pro or Windows 8 Tablet to a HDMI TV using this adaptor and a HDMI cable!
Adapters your Mini-Displayport or Thunderbolt socket to a HDMI (Female) connection. Great for getting your MacBook Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet or PC onto the TV.
You might think that with an entire website full of bargins, I wouldn't have time to squeeze in niche products that appeal just to those few people who need to hook a Mac laptop up to their big-screen TV. But I do! It's the little gizmos and gadgets which I like best! If you've seen one HDMI cable, you've seen them all, but a Mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter? That's exciting! (by comparison.)
Anyhoo - the specs are top-shelf. It's a Fully certified Mini-DisplayPort male to HDMI female adapter. It has DPCP as well as HDCP and supports all HDMI resolutions thusfar encountered in the wild. Technically, it can also do audio, but you will need to check your product specs to make sure your source device actually outputs audio over mini-DisplayPort, or you'll only get video. It's a hard world, right? But the blow is softened thanks to a 15cm lead which will save stress on your sensitive equipment when you connect up a male-to-male HDMI cable.
Other than that, it's a straight shot! If your mini-DisplayPort source has support for HDMI compatible video output, it's as simple as plug-and-play. Check your manuals or look for the D++ symbol to know if your source is ready for the conversion. This cable is not bi-directional, and does not convert HDMI to Mini-DisplayPort.
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- 15cm (approx) Male Mini-DisplayPort Connector to female HDMI connector
- Designed for connecting a Mini Display Port Device for use with a HDMI TV or display
- Fully Compatible with Apple Thunderbolt sockets for AV Transmission (Data transfer requires an Apple Thunderbolt cable)
- Compatible with all Mini-DisplayPort DP++ equiped devices, including MacBook Pro & Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Windows 8 Tablet
- Nickle Silver Plated Connectors for optimal signal quality
- Supports HDMI signals such as 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i & 1080p.
- 6.75 Gbps Data tranfer rate (HBR1)
- Full Support for HDCP ver. 1.2 and DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- Colour: White
- Different devices and product models may feature different connectors. Please check your device has a Mini DisplayPort Output before ordering this product
MIni-DisplayPort Compatibility Note
Mini-DisplayPort (DP) adapters are not bi-directional, and require a Mini-DP output which is DP++ (Dual Mode) compatible. When a MIni-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter is connected to a DP++ (Dual-Mode) connector, the output device senses the presence of the adaptor and sends HDMI signals over the Mini-DisplayPort connector rather than Mini-DisplayPort signals. No signal conversion is performed by the adapter. HDMI signals are merely passed through.
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
(17th Nov, 2014)
Product Review by Aveline,
Thanks so much for the follow up email! Yes the product arrived on time, and actually very fast. I used it that weekend for a workshop I ran and it was great.
Thanks for the great service, fantastic prices, and quality products. You guys rock!
(7th June, 2011)
Product Review by Michelle,
I purchased a 3.5mm to Toslink cable and a mini-display port to DVI
cable for my new MBP laptop. Not only was the website easy to
navigate, but the product descriptions and images were concise which provided confidence along with the low prices. My order was dispatched THAT same afternoon! Delivered the next day which was amazing. I'll recommend Cable Chick and be going back for more!
(10th May, 2010)
Product Review by Peter,
I dropped into your store today and picked up the Display Port Male to DVI Female Adapter and connected it to my monitor and laptop. This works perfectly - the laptop recognises that this is a separate monitor, allowing me to choose the resolution I want (currently 1440 x 900) and also allows me to extend my desktop onto this screen too.
There is no noticeable lag between the two external monitors (the other being hooked up to the laptop via the VGA connector port).
So all in all very happy with this item - wouldn't have found it without your detailed specifications listed on the product description on your website.