This Excellent Mini-DisplayPort to DVI Cable Adaptor allows you to easily connect your Macbook Pro DisplayPort output (or Thunderbolt) to any DVI Screen Flat Panel TV or Projector!
Adapts from a Male Mini DisplayPort or Apple Thunderbolt socket, to a Female DVI-I Single Link.
Compatible with all DP++ Mini-DisplayPort sockets and Thunderbolt sockets for high quality Video signals. Great for connecting your MacBook Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet or PC to a DVI equipped monitor or TV.
Good things. Small packages. We all know the phrase, but it's not a universal truth. Think of televisions. Beds. Offices. Car Parks. Menus. Cakes... The bigger the better! Well, this Mini-DisplayPort Male to DVI Female adapter isn't going to help my case much since it's another one of those good things in small packages. It has big feautres of couse; things like signals at 1080p and full DPCP (DisplayPort Content Protection) compliance. But it's tiny! It'll relieve stress on your plugs thanks to a 20cm cable between the plugs, and all you need to add is a male-to-male DVI cable and you'll be set!
Break your Macbook out onto the big screen with ease; run a presentation at the office or extend your desktop for multitasking goodness. It's all possible now! You just need to make sure your DisplayPort source outputs a DVI-D compatible signal, since this is an unpowered passive adapter, and not all DisplayPort sources are made equal. Look for the D++ symbol or check your manual for the full specs.
- 5 year Cable Chick Warranty
- 15cm Male DisplayPort Connector to female DVI-I Connector
- Designed for connecting a Mini Display Port Device for use with a DVI enabled TV or monitor
- Fully Compatible with Apple Thunderbolt sockets for Video Transmission (Data transfer requires an Apple Thunderbolt cable)
- Compatible with all Mini-DisplayPort DP++ equipred devices, including Macbook Pro & Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Windows 8 Tablet
- Nickle Silver Plated Connectors for optimal signal quality
- 3.95 Gbps Data tranfer rate (DVI Single Link Limit)
- Supports all DVI-D signals such as 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p plus many more
- Full Support for HDCP ver. 1.2 and DPCP (Display Port Content Protection)
- Mini DisplayPort device with the ability to convert DVI is required
- Colour: Off-White with Silver Connectors
- Different devices and product models may feature different connectors. Please check your device has a Mini DisplayPort Output before ordering this product
Mini-DisplayPort Compatibility Note
Mini-DisplayPort (DP) adapters are not bi-directional, and require a Mini-DP output which is DP++ (Dual Mode) compatible. When a Mini-DisplayPort to DVI adapter is connected to a DP++ (Dual-Mode) output, the output device senses the presence of the adaptor and sends DVI signals over the DisplayPort connector rather than DisplayPort signals. No signal conversion is performed by the adapter. DVI signals are merely passed through.
Why shop with Cable Chick
- Australia's leading retailer of AV cables and tech accessories
- Flat-rate shipping nation wide
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- 14 years experience with 1000's of health, government & education clients
- ALL products locally stocked for same-day dispatch
- Industry leading warranties up to 5-years on products
- A customer base of over 250k+ Australians who trust Cable Chick
- Proudly to be 100% Australian, employing all local staff
(7th June, 2011)
Product Review by Michelle,
I purchased a 3.5mm to Toslink cable and a mini-display port to DVI
cable for my new MBP laptop. Not only was the website easy to
navigate, but the product descriptions and images were concise which provided confidence along with the low prices. My order was dispatched THAT same afternoon! Delivered the next day which was amazing. I'll recommend Cable Chick and be going back for more!
(10th May, 2010)
Product Review by Peter,
I dropped into your store today and picked up the Display Port Male to DVI Female Adapter and connected it to my monitor and laptop. This works perfectly - the laptop recognises that this is a separate monitor, allowing me to choose the resolution I want (currently 1440 x 900) and also allows me to extend my desktop onto this screen too.
There is no noticeable lag between the two external monitors (the other being hooked up to the laptop via the VGA connector port).
So all in all very happy with this item - wouldn't have found it without your detailed specifications listed on the product description on your website.
(2nd Feb, 2010)
Product Review by Doris,
Cable Chick's Mini DisplayPort (Male) to DVI (Female) Adaptor was excellent and worked flawlessly. It surpasses even the official Apple equivalent DVI adaptor in DVI compatibility and price. I recommend Cable Chicks product over the current available Apple adaptor any day!!!!
Many thanks to Cable Chick for their wonderful products.
Posted: 25th August, 2016
My external monitor has a resolution of 2560 x 1600. I currently use a DUAL LINK DVI cable. I am upgrading my mac, it has Mini DP output. Will this adapter enable the 2560 x 1600 resolution to my external monitor (I will connect my DL DVI cable to it)?
"No. DisplayPort can only output a DVI Single Link signal, which limits the resolution to 1920x1200 or less (when using a passive adapter/cable such as this). Your monitor would need a DisplayPort input to run 2560x1600 from your Mac. Alternatively, an active DispalyPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter should do the trick, but this is a relatively expensive product that we don't stock at the moment (August 2016)."
Have a question about this product?